Parenting Resources for Young Mothers
- Young Women's Christian Association (YWCA) School-Age Parents Program: If enrolled in the Young Mothers Program, case managers assist pregnant students with crisis management, advocacy, referrals, benefits/entitlements, baby items, and obtaining child care services. See Teen Services.
- Pathways to Success offers free teen parenting workshops for teen mothers and fathers. See upcoming workshops: October 2016-January 2017 and March-May 2017. For more information, download a flyer, brochure, or a referral form.
- Baby Love MICH Grant/University of Rochester collaboration offers intensive case management services to any age pregnant female. This includes: emergency housing, crisis assistance and intervention, baby items, transportation/escort services to emergency and important appointments. Call a case manager for an intake: (585) 733-9318 or (585) 743-2148
- Milestones of Early Literacy Development is a resource for parents to ensure a child enters school ready to learn.
- 10 Facts Parents Should Know about Reading encourages reading aloud to your child.
Childcare ResourcesCrisis Nursery of Greater Rochester is a safe haven for children (ages birth to 14), dedicated to caring for children and family in crisis. Call (585) 235-5750 or 24-hour help line: (585) 271-7670Early Head Start (birth to age 3) and Head Start (ages 3-5) locations in Rochester, NY
- Toy Library at the Lincoln Branch Library offers toys for children (newborn to 8 years old) to enrich play experiences and to promote development and early literacy skills. Toys may be borrowed with a library card.
Early Head Start provides:
- Home-based services scheduled at the convenience of the family
- Center-based services (9:00 AM – 3:30 PM, Monday – Friday)
Head Start provides Center-based services in:
Volunteers of America Children's Center serves ages 6 months through 12 years old.Breastfeeding ResourcesMaternal Child Health home visits
- half-day programs (8:30 – 11:30 AM, Monday – Thursday)
- full-day programs (9:00 AM – 3:30 PM, Monday – Friday)