• Home/Hospital Enrollment Guidelines for Special Ed Placement

    Committee on Special Education (CSE) Placement of Student on Home/Hospital Instruction – Contact Associate Director of Special Ed Mark Ferraro at Mark.Ferraro@RCSDK12.org or (585) 857-7714.

    Students are placed with the Home/Hospital Program through the CSE process until a more suitable placement is found. A CSE is held and the IEP (Individualized Education Plan) is changed to 1:1 Home. District Special Education administrators enroll students in IEP Direct under Home.

    Out of District (OOD) Temp Placements - These are students entering or reentering the district with an IEP and will be processed through the RCSD Placement Office. Students are waiting for a seat or placement in a program or school.

    Home/Hospital is a temporary placement for students that includes individualized and tailored instruction to meet the needs of the student until a more appropriate educational setting can be found. We conscientiously seek to find the Least Restrictive placement to benefit the educational, emotional, and academic needs of the student.