Procedures for Referring Students to the Young Mothers Program
Please send referrals and forms for Young Mothers students to the referral mailbox: YM.IHAReferrals@rcsdk12.org.
We request that referrals are sent via this email format only. Please do not fax or email referrals to individual staff members.
Requirements: Student must be pregnant at time of application to the program. All referrals are reviewed to determine student appropriateness for the program.
Forms needed for Transferring a Maternity Student to the Young Mothers Program
- RCSD Graduation Plan
- Student Transcript and Current Schedule
- Student Attendance Record
- Signed HIPPA
- Physician verification of pregnancy with due date
- Discipline Records/Behavior Plan/Safety Plan/Crisis Plan (if applicable)
- Copy of IEP or 504 (if applicable)
- Letter from current school indicating why this placement is best for this student, strengths of the students and any immediate areas of concern for student and family
Students with an IEP
1. Please be aware that we cannot accept students with MR classifications due to limited staffing and we have only a consultant teacher model.
2. The student must continue to attend her/his home school until the student has been accepted and the IEP has been amended to YM&IHA Program and consultant teacher model.
3. Once a student enters the program, YM staff will conduct necessary triennials and annuals for students.
On the date of entrance, students should report by 7:05 a.m. for breakfast. Following breakfast, an orientation with our school counselor will occur.