Francis Parker School No. 23's Dress Code Philosophy:
- School No. school No. 23’s dress code supports equitable educational access and is written in a manner that does not reinforce stereotypes.
- To ensure effective and equitable enforcement of this dress code, school staff shall enforce the dress code consistently and in a manner that does not reinforce or increase marginalization or oppression of any group based on race, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, cultural observance, household income or body type/size.
In Accordance With The RCSD Code Of Conduct, All Students Must Adhere To The Following:
- No clothing that exposes buttocks, stomach/midriff, breasts, underwear, and/or bras.
- No inappropriate labels, designs, letters, or numbers on any clothing.
- No clothing, headgear or jewelry that is associated with or identifiable as a symbol of gang membership.
- No abusive, suggestive or profane language; symbols of illegal substances; or any other words, symbols or slogans that disrupt the learning environment or deny dignity or respect to others.
- No exposed layering undershirts, except turtlenecks and long sleeves in winter.
- No hoods or hats can be worn unless a special pass is provided by an administrator.
- If an adult requests that a student remove his/her hood or hat, the student must comply.
- Students who violate the dress code, including school-level standards, will be required to modify their appearance by covering or removing the offending item, and if necessary and/or practicable, replacing it with an acceptable item. Any student who refuses to do so shall be subject to restorative discipline.
- All students must follow the District's Dress Code. The Dress Code includes expectations and consequences if not followed.
- Click here to access the RCSD's Dress Code Policy and Disciplinary Actions.