#7 School PTO MINUTES
Date: April 10, 2013
Location: #7 School, 3rd Floor, Library
Facilitated by: Katherine Hizer and Roberta Gammons
Minutes: Mary Simonton
Meeting was called to order at 5:07pm; 11 people were in attendance
Correction to March 2013 Minutes
· The minutes for the March 18th PTO meeting did not reflect the presentation by M. Simonton regarding the Children’s Mental Health Awareness Event – Got Dreams Awards – to held on May 9, 2013, or the discussion regarding the need for new representatives for the School Based Planning Team.
Changes to PTO leadership
· Due to unforeseen circumstances, Ray Durant is no longer able to act as Co-President to the #7 School PTO and has submitted his resignation.
Game Night Friday, March 22, 2013
· Game Night had approximately 100 people attend. Bingo was by far the most popular game of the evening. Thanks to the #7 School staff that helped set up the tables and chairs and the game stations.
Family Health Fair, April 19, 2013
· Katherine has confirmed at least presenters with information on hygiene, blood pressure screenings, nurse recruits, etc. Highland Hospital will be providing information, and give away items, as well as loaning equipment, and hopefully we will be able to arrange for a Zumba demonstration. Other possible presenters include Blue Cross/Blue Shield, the Center for Missing and Exploited Children, Foodlink, 5-2-1-0, the Monroe County Health Department and others.
· The Cafeteria is decorated with student art work on nutrition and healthy exhibits due to cafeteria monitor Crystal and her efforts to make it a more pleasant place for students. Thank you, Crystal!
Family Movie Night – Take 2
· We have scheduled a second Family Movie Night for May 31st; the two movies planned are Wreck it Ralph and The Rise of the Guardians. More information will follow.
· Please note that bus tokens are available to help parents attend any #7 school meetings or events. Contract Mrs. Gammons or Mr. Hines for information on obtaining bus tokens.
Reminder to Parents: Always stop at the office to get a pass when coming into #7 School. Our kid’s safety is top priority.
Next PTO Meeting: Wednesday, May 22nd at 6:00pm. Note, this is a change. This meeting will be held prior to the Spring Concert. Bring a friend!!!