January 14, 2013
#7 School PTO MINUTES
Date: January 14, 2013
Location: #7 School, 3rd Floor, Library
Facilitated by: Co-President Ray Durant and Roberta Gammons
Minutes: Mary Simonton
Meeting called to order at 5:35pm
Review of December Meeting
Minerva Padilla from the Healthy Kids Coalition spoke to the group regarding upgrading the playground at #7 School. If we are interested in a new playground at #7 School we must work with the Rochester City School District (RCSD). Ms. Padilla suggested we begin by contacting Carlos Koda at RCSD to discuss the playground and other physical and mental health issues. Mr. Lincoln has other contacts at the district as well. Some suggested items for the playground are;
· Upper Body strength – Pull up bars etc.
· Items for older kids and Adults
· Picnic tables
· Community Awareness – We would like to find ways to help our kids become invested in their school and in their community.
· Middle School Transition – 6th Grade teacher Lindsey Robach has asked to address the PTO to discuss the changes kids face as they transition into middle school.
· Safety – All Teachers will be attending a program on safety on Wednesday, January 16th. District wide, fire drills and evacuation processes are being revised
Fund Raising Opportunity
Representatives from Organo-Gold addressed the PTO to discuss a fund raising opportunity. We have decided we do not wish to take advantage of the opportunity.
Ms. Schmitt distributed information about bowling night which will be held on Thursday, January 24th at Terrace Garden Lanes located at 1151 Ridgeway Ave Rochester, NY 14615, near Mt. Read Blvd.
Upcoming Events Mark Your Calendars!
· Valentine’s Day Dance – February 14th during school hours
· Family Fun Night – March 2nd, 6:30pm
· Beat the Winter Blahs - TBD
· Family Health Fair - TBD
· Music Fest - TBD
Reminder to Parents: Always stop at the office to get a pass when coming into #7 School. Our kid’s safety is top priority.
Next PTO Meeting
Wednesday, February 13th, 2013, 5:30 – 6:30pm. Bring a friend!!!