#7 School PTO MINUTES
Date: December 20, 2012
Location: #7 School 3rd Floor Library
Facilitated by: Co-Presidents Ray Durant and Katherine Hizer
Time Keeper: Mrs. Gammons
Minutes: Mary Simonton
Meeting called to order at 6:05pm
Mr. Lincoln introduced Ms. Robyn Roberts the new Acting Assistant Principal. Ms. Roberts is filling in the opening left when Mr. Wertz was transferred to #30 School as Acting Principal. Ms. Roberts comes to us from All-City High School.
Reminder to Parents: Always stop at the office to get a pass when coming into #7 School. Our kid’s safety is top priority.
· Minerva Padilla from the Healthy Kids Coalition spoke to the group regarding upgrading the playground at #7 School. Ms. Padilla shared information about the work that was developed in 2010 by the previous #7 School PTO. She has worked with other community groups including #7 PTO to develop plans for improving the playground equipment and improving security. Our group will need to work with the RCSD and community members in order to make a place that is clean and safe for use by all the kids in the community. Ms. Padilla suggested we begin by contacting Carlos Koda at the city school district to discuss the playground and other physical and mental health issues. She further suggested we keep a running list of actions taken regarding the playground.
· Movie Night brought in a profit of $200.00 for the PTO; good parent response with requests to hold another movie night event for 2012-13 school year.
· PTO earned $265 through Box Tops for Education Program; keep saving also please note that this ticket can be found on more than just box tops, check cans and bottles and other packages as well. Even Scott TP carries Box Top for Education tickets on some of their packaging
· It was noted during movie night that the projector screen needs replacing; PTO will work with Mr. Lincoln on getting a replacement.
· The turkey raffle took place as planned, although this year, not only did we have whole turkeys, but we also had turkey breasts and hams as part of the raffle. Thank you Mr. Lincoln.
Upcoming Events Mark Your Calendars!
· Family Bowling Night is scheduled for January 24th at Terrace Garden Lanes on Ridgeway Avenue from 5:00 – 7:00 pm
· Spring Concert with our sister school in Penfield, May 13th at 7:00pm at the Penfield High School Performing Arts Center
Next PTO Meeting
Monday, January 14, 2013, 5:30 – 6:30pm. Bring a friend!!! At this meeting we will finalize upcoming events and discuss development of committees. Free childcare is provided during the meeting.