George Mather Forbes School No. 4: (DREAM, BELIEVE, EXECUTE 4 RESULTS)
- We are a Pre-Kindergarten through 6th grade Institution of Learning.
- We have a uniform policy.
- We have Special Education classes which are assessed through the New York State Alternate Assessment program
- We offer Quad A, an after-school program (Monday-Friday) that provides students with experiential learning and dinner.
Students have access to technology such as I-pads, Chromebooks, Laptops and desktop computers.
The Project STRIDE Saturday Program, in partnership with Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, develops skills in anger management and self-empowerment.
We have school wide behavioral expectations based on positive behavior support.
- We offer band/stringed instrument music instruction as well as choir
A variety of extracurricular activities are offered, such as band, chorus, majorettes, and stepping.
- Our community partners include Nazareth College, Advantage Credit Union, the Foster Grandparents Program, Kiwanis Club, Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, and Aenon Baptist Church, Bibleway Healing Assembly (The WAY) and Greater Adams Street Church of God by Faith.
- Our active Parent Teacher Organization sponsors events including Parent/Staff basketball game, Mother/Son Formal, Father/Daughter Formal, Talent Show, Carnival, and numerous parent workshops.
- We provide training for our parents and community through our Fathers of Four Program.