At George Mather Forbes School No. 4:
- We are a Kindergarten through 8th grade Institution of Learning.
- We have a uniform policy.
- The Major Achievement Program (MAP) in grades 4-6 provides students opportunities for acceleration and enrichment.
- We have Special Education classes which are assessed through the New York State Alternate Assessment program
- We offer Quad A, an after-school program (Monday-Friday) that provides students with experiential learning, dinner and transportation.
Students have access to technology such as I-pads, Chromebooks, Laptops and desktop computers.
The Project STRIDE Saturday Program, in partnership with Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, develops skills in anger management and self-empowerment.
We have school wide behavioral expectations based on positive behavior support.
- We offer band/stringed instrument music instruction as well as choir.
- We offer Hillside Community Work Scholarship program for grades 7 and 8
A variety of extracurricular activities are offered, such as band, chorus, majorettes, and stepping.
- Our community partners include Nazareth College, Advantage Credit Union, the Foster Grandparents Program, Kiwanis Club, Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, and Aenon Baptist Church.
- Our active Parent Teacher Organization sponsors events including Parent/Staff basketball game, Mother/Son Formal, Father/Daughter Formal, Talent Show, Carnival, and numerous parent workshops.
- We have a Math and Science Fair in May
- We provide training for our parents and community through our Fathers of Four Program.