Enrico Fermi School No. 17158 Orchard Street, Rochester NY 14611
(585) 436-2560Pre-K through Grade 8
Principal: Caterina Leone Mannino
Parent Liaison: Desiree Rodriguez
- Is an Extended Learning Time School adding 300 hours to the school year for each student.
- Offers both academic intervention and enrichment opportunities to students during Extended Learning Time.
- Has an active PTO.
- Offers a Universal Pre-School Program, which is accredited by the National Academy of Early Childhood Accreditation.
- Has ESOL services for students who need support in mastering the English language.
- Has three curriculum-specialist teachers who work with classroom teachers to help students meet standards.
- Has the Accelerated Reader program to advance student reading skills.
- Has computers with internet access in classrooms as well as a portable computer lab.
- Offers inclusion opportunities at all grade levels for students with learning disabilities.
- Has a Code of Conduct and a Student Expectations Program which rewards positive behavior and employs strategies to reduce out-of-school suspensions and increase instructional time-on-task.
- Has the District's only elementary school string orchestra which is sponsored and taught by personnel from the Eastman School of Music.
- Has a large primary and intermediate vocal chorus.
- Houses the Orchard Street Community Health & Family Center, which serves the entire community with health and human services in one location. The center is open year round and is the first and only one of its kind in New York State.
- Houses a dental clinic of the Eastman Dental Center's Department of Community Dentistry, which brings year-round dental services to students and their families.
- Partners with Charles Settlement House, the Maple Section Police/Citizens Interaction Committee, student teachers from SUNY Brockport, Unity Health, Maple Street Police Department, Kids Cafe/FoodLink, Webster Plank Road South, Asbury Church, Peace It Together (Society for Protection and Care of Children), and JOSANA, Healthi Kids, IBERO American Action League, Center for Youth, Community Place-Foster Grandparent Program, AMERICORPS, CURCS, Celebration of Life Community Inc.. Ghandi Institute for Non-Violence, Northwest Safety Net.
- Participates in Junior Achievement.
- Participates in WEBELOS.
- Offers a after school City Recreation program on school days with daily dinner service provided by Food Link.
- Has Dual Language Program.
Last Modified on September 13, 2016