At Dr. Charles T. Lunsford School No. 19, we believe a Pre-K through 8th grade school lays the foundation for future academic success and that children flourish in a nurturing and safe environment. At School No. 19, every child contributes to his or her own education and the learning experience of others. Our delivery of instruction encourages students to be risk takers, free thinkers, team players, and active participants in the community. The staff makes a positive difference in the life and development of every child. We believe that together we can foster a school climate where staff and students celebrate learning, growing, and the feeling of family.
Dr. Charles T. Lunsford School No. 19:
- Is located off South Plymouth Avenue near Ford Street and the Genesee River.
- Was chosen as a New York State Most Rapidly Improving School for 2006-07.
- Has quarterly Award Assemblies.
- Has a PTO which meets monthly and supports the school's extracurricular activities, Family Nights, and parent workshops focusing on ELA, Math, Science, and Social Studies.
- Has two computer lab, iPads in the primary grades, chrome books carts providing classrooms the ability to integrate technology into the curriculum. The school has Wi-Fi access throughout the building.
- Has an annual Science Day with over seventy community presenters.
- Offers band, strings, intermediate choir, and primary choir, with performances held throughout the year.
- Offers middle school modified sports.
- Has a Girl Scout Troop, Boy Scout Troup, Safety Patrol, Peer Mediation, and a Student Council with representation from all grade levels.
- Actively participates in the Storytelling Festival.
- Is connected to the Flint Street Recreation Center,which sponsors after-school programs.
- Has multiple community based partnerships that supports the academic, social, and emotional needs of our school.