An incentive program for
students at School #2
What is it?
- A way to acknowledge and reward students who make positive choices for themselves and put forth effort while in school
- A way to track the behaviors of our students
- A leveling system based on points earned by the student
- Gold level = exceeds expectations
- Silver level = meets our expectations
- Blue level = working towards expectations
- Orange level = fails to meet expectations
Who is it for?
- ALL students will be leveled
- ALL students are capable of reaching gold or silver level – based solely on effort levels, not academic achievement
Why are we doing this?
- We want students to be praised and encouraged to make positive choices while in school.
- We want to reward them with small prizes and special opportunities because they earned it.
- We want these students to become role-models and leaders within our school house to help encourage their peers to do the right thing
- We want to support all students to put forth much effort into their learning and to act in a positive and healthy way.
How are we doing this?
- Based on a point system developed by our Respect & Protect Team
- Points are earned for academic effort in all 7 areas: ELA, Math, Social Studies, Science, Music, Art, and Physical Education
- Points are earned for effort in personal growth areas, such as: completing homework, using time productively, using self-control, etc.
- Points are earned for taking on additional responsibilities, such as: Choir, Band, Building Safety Duty, Fire Drill Team, Extended Day Program, etc.