Nathaniel Hawthorne School No. 25
Uniforms Required: No
Foreign Languages: No
English Language Learners: Yes
Honors/Enrichment Classes: Yes
Early Literacy Program: Yes
Instrumental Music Lessons: Yes
Step Teams: No
Extended/Expanded Day: No
Saturday School: No
On-Site After-School Care: No
Summer Programs: Yes, Innovation Greenhouse
Business/College/Faith Partnerships: Kiwanis, Reformation Lutheran Church, Joy Community Church, Nazareth College, St. John Fisher College, Bishop Kearney Key Club, Allendale Columbia, Brighter Days Foundation, Scott Spino Foundation, Junior Achievement, Unity Health, Children’s Institute, Foster Grandparents Program/Community Place, Center for Youth, East Irondequoit School District, Monroe Community College Dental Hygiene Clinic, Flaum Eye Institute, McSkipp
- STEPS Program (Speech/Language Therapy to Encourage Production of Sound), an eclectic approach to oral language development, integrates the communication processes of listening, speaking, reading and writing.
- Differentiated instruction ensures that students are active participants in the learning process and are working to meet their potential.
- Components of the Success for All reading program, where students’ reading abilities are assessed every eight weeks and instruction matches current reading level.
- Professional development program with St. John Fisher College and Nazareth College, which supports professional and student learning through the use of an inquiry-orientated approach to teaching.
- Parent involvement through evening activities, such as Hispanic Heritage Night, Parents Supporting the Common Core Information Night, ELA/Math Game Night, Multicultural Night, Storytelling Night, and more.
- After-school clubs, such as School Newspaper Club, Boys Club, Girls Club, Community Garden Club and Storytelling Club.