Roberto Clemente School No. 81180 St. Paul Street 14621
Pre-K through Grade 8
Principal: Laurel Avery-DeToy
Parent Liaison: Ella Darrisaw
The staff, students, and parents of Roberto Clemente School 8 promote unity by celebrating diversity in culture, knowledge and experience. Our school community and our partners work together with a common focus of doing what is best for students academically. We use data to identify areas in need of improvement and focus instruction on strengthening those areas. We believe that instilling HOPE in our students and striving for high standards will drive us to reach our fullest potential.All instruction is based on the EL Education design, focusing on national standards-based instruction and research-proven strategies for teaching and learning.
- All students have access to the Science Room for hands-on experiments, two Computer Labs for technology instruction, and library enrichment.
- Instruction is supported by before and after school support from teachers, tutoring by volunteers, instructional specialists working with teachers, and the Compass Learning instructional technology program.
- Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) Group meets the last Thursday of each month. Parent Room provides a comfortable place for parents to access community resources, learn about volunteer opportunities at school, and discuss their children's education.
- Monthly family activities include Family Bingo, Science Fair Sleepover, Bring Your Parents To School Days, Sweetheart Dances, Fathers & Mothers Special Breakfasts, Parent Volunteer Recognition Luncheon, and more.
- Student activities include Student Council, Safety Patrol, Standard Bearers (U.S. flag), The Legends Basketball Team, Recycling Team, School Store Helpers, Instrumental Music, School Choir, and a variety of extended-day opportunities.
- Monthly student recognition/celebrations for positive behavior, quarterly Awards Assemblies