ALL CITY HIGHWHO ARE WE?All City High is a non-traditional program school that offers students in grades 10 -12 between the ages of 17-21 years old an opportunity to get caught up on high school credits and in some cases accelerate graduation. Students are able to learn in a supportive educational environment with teachers and staff that are empathetic to your needs.WHY CHOOSE ALL CITY HIGH?Perhaps you’ve fallen behind on high school credits, or you need a school schedule that works with your job schedule. Maybe you want to take fewer courses per semester in order to intensify your learning experience, or you need more time in class in order to understand course content. Perhaps, you just want to take the classes that you need to take. If you are looking for a learning environment or a fresh start without all of the distractions then All City High is the place for you.
IS ALL CITY HIGH RIGHT FOR YOU?
Are you 17-21 years old?
· Have you earned at least 10 credits?
· Have you passed a minimum of two NYS Regents exams?Admission criteria varies for each candidate. Interested students are encouraged to apply for All City High at their home school through the Voluntary Transfer process.
PROFILE OF 2016-2017 ENROLLED STUDENTS:
- Students that are Ages 17-21 and
2013 Cohort 10-15 credits
2012 Cohort 15 or more credits
2011 Cohort 17 or more credits
2010 Cohort 17 or more credits
Any student who needs less than a semester to graduate (less than 5 credits)
Special consideration is given to students with individual needs, including young mothers and students with disabilities
Secondary schools are invited to consider 2016-2017 enrollment at All City High for any students who fit the above criteria. Any students meeting this criteria should not be excluded unless they are have not finished the school year in which they turned 17 or are truant (which we define as less than 30% attendance). Please also remember when making your recommendations that All City is not a program for student who have disciplinary issues. Parents and students being recommended should be informed by their Home school administrators. Recommendations are not automatic acceptance into All City.
WAYS WE CAN HELP YOU ACCOMPLISH YOUR GOAL OF GRADUATION:· Our supportive school counselors assess student’s transcripts and develop individualized graduation plans, ensuring that students enroll in the classes they need to meet NYS graduation requirements.· Learn in a small classroom atmosphere with highly qualified teachers.
· Receive transition support to help assist you with your post high school goals.
· Online Credit Recovery (OCR) courses are available and can help you recover credits faster.
· Flexible scheduling is available.
· Opportunities to earn 10 credits per year.
· Earn credit for work experience through GEWEP (General Education Work Experience Program).