Studio 678 Wilson Foundation Academy Photo ClubPhoto Club is an after-school program for up to 30 middle school students conducted by Community Darkroom at Genesee Center for the Arts and Education.Meets every Thursday after schoolFollow the Photo Club adventures at: www.facebook.com/studio678For more information, call 271-5920 or visit: www.geneseearts.orgEighth grader, Jeaneisa Rivera, was interviewed by WXXI about the benefits of Photo Club on the City Wise show. Click here to watch: WXXI InterviewCongratulations to the following scholars for being chosen to have their photos on display at Image City Photography Gallery, 722 University Ave during their Through The Student Lens 2016 exhibition: Suada Bakri, Ajana' Chandler, Shane Douangdala, Alihana Hardy, Logan James, Emily Jansen, Yamilex Morales, Destiny Nieves, Jeaneisa Rivera, and Jaden Townsend.See Below for Student work from Photo ClubART CHANGES LIVES.
Studio 678 is in its 18th year – working with 30 7th and 8th grade students from Wilson Foundation Academy. Students have been meeting every Thursday from 2:30-6PM since September, and even several Saturdays. Students work with Photography Teachers to learn about photography, learning how to use a 35mm camera, developing their photos in the darkroom, using ratios to mix the chemicals, scanning photos using InDesign, and working with local poets to write poetry to accompany their work – all while visiting local sites. The goals of the photo club are to:
· Empower youth to express their vision and voice
· Enable youth to build life skills
· Encourage youth to connect with their community
· Enhance knowledge of core school subjects
· Energize youth to work collaboratively· Establish 1-3 year mentoring relationshipsField Trips include:University of Rochester football gameSam Patch Canal boatFringe FestMaplewood Rose GardenCobbs HillRochester Public Market, etc.