Andrew J. Townson School No. 39BELIEVE IT, ACHIEVE IT!145 Midland Avenue 14621
Pre-K through Grade 6
Principal: Jacquelyn CoxSchool No. 39 is a diverse community that is talented, caring, and respectful. We inspire students to be motivated, lifelong learners who will become productive members of the community. Our curriculum promotes critical thinking skills and diversity through meaningful educational experiences that validate students' academic achievement and cultural excellence. We encourage students to set long-range goals for themselves. Staff members work collaboratively and in partnership with parents and the community to support student success.
- Has a 25-station computer lab, a 25 laptop mobile lab, and computers in every classroom.
- Offers an after-school reading and math tutoring program for students in grades 3-6 in partnership with the City of Rochester and 21st Century Learning called EnCompass.
- Has community partnerships with St. John Fisher College, Microsoft, Junior Achievement, Akwaaba, Xerox Science Consultants, Kodak (digital photography program), and Foster Grandparents.
- Has an active Parent-Teacher Organization with emphasis on parental involvement.
- Offers a number of extracurricular activities including chorus, band and orchestra.
- Hosts volunteers from the Church of the Transfiguration to work with students.
- Uses the PBIS behavior plan developed by teachers and parents which celebrates Townson Tigers and promotes positive choices and classroom participation.
- Our three school values are: Be responsible. Be respectful. Be Safe. Offers counseling services, peer mediation and conflict resolution programs to promote a positive school environment.
Last Modified on December 13, 2016