Children's School of Rochester School No. 15595 Upper Falls Blvd, 14605
Principal: Jay Piper
Parent Liaison: Ashwin Basnet
- Is a Pre-K-6 school located at a temporary location on Upper Falls at the School 6 site.
- Is governed by six work groups comprised of parents, all teachers, and the principal.
- Is organized into eight grade-level families, with teachers sharing instructional strategies within families.
- Has half of its student population comprised of students who are learning English as a second language.
- Offers English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL).
- Offers Primary Project, which strengthens the social and emotional health of K-2 students and helps them adjust to the classroom environment.
- Has 2 computer labs and 1 library lab, 1:1 laptops for sixth graders, laptops carts for grades 3-5 and iPads in K-2 classrooms. Internet access available in grades Pre-K-6.
- Offers a unique Creative Expression Workshop for all students, combining music, drama, and dance. Students give mini-performances three times a week.
- Offers instrumental music and band for students in grades 4-6.
- Offers choir for students in grades 4-6.
- Has a morning briefing three times a week in which all students, staff, and parents come together to hear announcements, see student performances, and celebrate learning.
- Has an active PTO that supports the home-school connection. Parent coordinators are assigned to each teaching family.
- Has a partnership with the Unitarian Church, which provides volunteers in the classroom.
Last Modified on April 27, 2016