Abraham Lincoln School No. 22
Community Site Coordinator: Wanda Labrador| Wanda.Labrador@rcsdk12.org
Expanded Learning Coordinator:
Uniforms Required: Yes
Foreign Languages: Spanish
English Language Learners: Yes
Enrichment Classes: Yes
Early Literacy Program: No
Instrumental Music Lessons: Yes
Saturday School: Yes
On-Site After-School Care: Yes
Summer Programs: No
Business/College/Faith Partnerships: Baden Street Settlement, The Community Place of Rochester, Eastman Rochester New Horizons, First Unitarian Church of Rochester/UU22, Greater Rochester Quality Partner Council, Anthony Jordan Health Center, Monroe County Department of Human Services, Scott Spino Foundation, Smile Mobile, UnCommon Health Foundation, First Genesis Baptist Church, Boy Scouts of America
- Expanded Learning (EL) School: Students receive additional time for academic, social-emotional, and recreational opportunities beyond those offered during a traditional school day.
- Bilingual Services:
- Support our native Spanish speakers through a One-Way Dual Language Enrichment Model in which students receive instruction in both English and Spanish, grades K-6.
- Offer a bilingual Pre-K program that follows the High Scope model.
- School-wide initiatives encourage all staff and students to utilize the “Language of the Day,” which alternates between Spanish and English.
- Appreciation for bilingualism, Hispanic culture, and our Spanish-speaking families is evident within the building and through various activities and celebrations that take place throughout the school year.
- Enrichment opportunities include Basketball, Math and Movement, Yoga, Science Matters, Lego, Cheerleading, Choir, Craft Club, Dance.