When studying vocabulary words, know the following:
how to spell the word
what the word means
how to use it in a sentence (the part of speech)
Tips on how to study vocabulary:
- Practice using the words in everyday conversations!
- Ask questions!
- Look for stories in the news using the words!
For Visual, Kinesthetic, Interpersonal, & Intrapersonal Learners: create flashcards with the word on one side and the definition on the other
- For Visual/Spatial learners: create a visual symbol for each word, rewrite your notes
- For Kinesthetic Learners: act out what the word means, create and practice matching cards with word & definitions
- For Interpersonal learners: practice with a study partner
- For Verbal/Linguistic learners: read your notes aloud
- For Musical/Rhythmic learners: listen to music while studying, or put each word to a beat
- For Logical/Mathematical learners: create an organizational chart with the word, meaning, synonyms