Students in Kindergarten through 6th grade receive music instruction once every 4 day rotation.
Students in 8th grade receive 45 minutes of music instruction every other day.
Some of the concepts that students learn in music include:
- composing original music pieces
- performing music written by others
- basic music elements in compositions
- playing traditional and non-traditional musical instruments
- different roles in music composition
- career opportunities
- appreciation and interpretation of musical pieces
- listening to and reflecting on musical pieces
- function of music in cultures