Joseph C. Wilson Magnet High School Commencement AcademyPrincipal: Julie Van Derwater| Julie.VanDerWater@rcsdk12.orgAssistant Principal: Richard Fischpera | Richard.Fischpera@rcsdk12.orgAssistant Principal: Gary Reynolds | Gary.Reynolds@RCSDK12.ORGAssistant Principal: Tara Wade | Tara.Wade@RCSDK12.ORGParent Contact: Anthony Padilla | Anthony.Padilla@rcsdk12.org
Board Liaison: Natalie Sheppard | Natalie.firstname.lastname@example.orgSchool Chief: Toyia Wilson - Chief of School Leadership PreK-12FACTSGrade Level: 9-12Uniforms: NoBusing: RTSForeign Languages: SpanishHonors Classes: YesTutoring/After School: YesSummer Programs: YesAdvanced Placement (AP): YesHealth/Wellness Center: NoExtended/Expanded Day: NoBusiness/College/Faith Partnerships: University of Rochester, Monroe Community College, Hillside Work-Scholarship, Center for Youth, Teen Empowerment, Pathways to Peace, International Baccalaureate OrganizationStudent-Parent School Compact Agreement required: YesSCHOOL FEATURES
- The only International Baccalaureate (IB) Program in the Rochester City School District, which aims to develop inquiring, knowledgeable, and caring young people. The rigorous curriculum, international standards, and examinations are consistent throughout the over 4,000 participating schools across the globe.
- The IB Middle Years Program is offered at grades 9 and 10, which prepares students for our IB Diploma Program offered in grades 11 and 12.
- Upon completing the IB Diploma Program, students who earn the diploma, apply, and are accepted into the University of Rochester are awarded a four-year, full tuition scholarship.
- Balances a rigorous academic program with extensive art, music, athletic, and extracurricular offerings.
- Welcomes hard-working, motivated, and disciplined students who are determined to become successful, contributing members of society
The only school to offer both the IB Middle Years Program and IB Diploma Program.
Offers AVID (Advancement Via Individual Determination) Program