Joseph C. Wilson Magnet High School Commencement Academy
School Chief: Toyia Wilson - Chief of School Leadership PreK-12
Grade Level: 9-12
Student Enrollment: 798
Foreign Languages: Spanish, French (18-19 last year offered)
Honors Classes: Yes, IB Middle Years Programme and Diploma Programme
Tutoring/After School: Yes
Summer Programs: Yes
Advanced Placement (AP): Yes
Health/Wellness Center: No
Extended/Expanded Day: No
Business/College/Faith Partnerships: University of Rochester, Monroe Community College, Hillside Work Scholarship, Center for Youth, Teen Empowerment, Pathways to Peace, M.K. Gandhi Institute, International Baccalaureate Organization
Student-Parent School Compact Agreement required: Yes
- The only International Baccalaureate (IB) Program in the Rochester City School District, which aims to develop inquiring, knowledgeable, and caring young people. The rigorous curriculum, international standards, and examinations are consistent throughout the over 4,000 participating schools across the globe.
- The IB Middle Years Program is offered at grades 9 and 10, which prepares students for our IB Diploma Program offered in grades 11 and 12.
- Upon completing the IB Diploma Program, students who earn the diploma, apply, and are accepted into the University of Rochester are awarded a four-year, fulltuition scholarship.
- Balances a rigorous academic program with extensive art, music, athletic, and extracurricular offerings.
- Welcomes hard-working, motivated, and disciplined students who are determined to become successful, contributing members of society