P-Tech Rochester Pathways to Technology Program
at Edison Career and Technology High School
School Chief: Toyia Wilson - Chief of School Leadership PreK-12
Grade Level: 9-12
Uniforms: Business Casual (recommended)
Foreign Languages: Spanish
Honors Classes: Students are enrolled in MCC college courses working toward an Associates (A.A.S.) degree in Computer Information Technology
Tutoring/After School: Yes
Summer Programs: Yes, mandatory summer bridge program
Advanced Placement (AP): No
English Language Learners: Yes
Health/Wellness Center: Yes
Extended/Expanded Day: No
Business/College/Faith Partnerships: Monroe Community College and various Rochester IT companies
Student-Parent School Compact Agreement required: No
- A unique six-year program where students graduate with a Regents diploma and a college degree from Monroe Community College at no cost to the students and families.
- Students are matched with business mentors during grade 9.
- A combination of high school and college courses beginning in grade 10.
- Students enjoy using computers, perform well in English, science and math, and learn the skills to succeed in the highly competitive technology industry.
- P-TECH welcomes curious, dedicated hands-on learners who are ready to take on the challenges of school, college, work, and life.
- Students attend a school orientation program during the summer before grade 9 and participate in extended-day programs.
- Opportunities for internships at major companies in the Rochester area are available.
- Students attend class every day and adhere to the business casual dress code.