Rochester Early College International High School
Start Time: 7:30 a.m.
Dismissal Time: 2:30 p.m.
Grade Level: 9-12
Foreign Languages: Spanish, Mandarin Chinese
Honors Classes: Yes
Tutoring/After School: Yes
Summer Programs: Yes
Advanced Placement (AP): No
English Language Learners: Yes
Health/Wellness Center: No
Extended/Expanded Day: No
Business/College/Faith Partnerships: St. John Fisher College, Monroe Community College, Hillside Work Scholarship, University of Rochester Upward Bound, Army JROTC, AmeriCorps, RIT Gear Up, Center for Youth
Student-Parent School Compact Agreement required: Yes
- Scholars are expected to complete at least 24 college credits while still in high school. In addition to the advanced college work, all content areas promote globally competent scholars.
- Dual credit courses and college credits begin at grade 9. Areas of dual credit include: Art, Microsoft Office, Personal Money Management, and Introduction to Business
- College courses for grades 11 and 12 are offered at the Monroe Community College downtown campus.
- Each scholar is expected to take a full course load all four years either at the high school or college. Behavior disruptions will not be tolerated in the school environment. Only serious scholars who are willing to complete extensive homework and are committed to exemplifying model behavior should apply.
- Summer credit attainment opportunities for both high school and college are expected.
- Diversity in all facets is celebrated and respected.
- Provide high-quality curriculum and instruction utilizing college rigor.