Rochester Early College International High School
Parent Contact: TBD
School Chief: Toyia Wilson - Chief of School Leadership PreK-12
Grade Level: 9-12
Student Enrollment: 350
Foreign Languages: Spanish, Chinese
Honors Classes: Yes, college courses at MCC campus
Tutoring/After School: Yes
Summer Programs: Yes
Advanced Placement (AP): No
English Language Learners: Yes
Health/Wellness Center: No
Extended/Expanded Day: No
Business/College/Faith Partnerships: St. John Fisher College, Monroe Community College, Hillside Work Scholarship, University of Rochester Upward Bound, Army JROTC, Americorps, Bank of America
Student-Parent School Compact Agreement required: Yes
- Scholars are expected to complete at least 24 college credits while still in high school. In addition to the advanced college work, international curriculum and projects are infused in all content areas to promote globally competent scholars.
- Dual credit courses and college credits begin at grade 9. Areas of dual credit include: Art, Health, Microsoft Office, Personal Money Management, Psychology and English.
- College courses for grades 11 and 12 are offered at the Monroe Community College downtown campus.
- Each scholar is expected to take a full course load all four years either at the high school or college. Behavior disruptions will not be tolerated in our school environment. Only serious scholars who are willing to complete extensive homework and are committed to exemplify model behavior should apply.
- Summer credit attainment opportunities for both high school and college are expected.
- Diversity in all facets is celebrated and respected. Our scholars are serious about tackling rigorous academic challenges and embrace all individuals’ differences on a daily basis. College graduation is an expectation for all.