Lincoln Park School No. 44Principal: Shalonda Garfield | Shalonda.Garfield@rcsdk12.orgAssistant Principal: Redell Freeman | Redell.Freeman@rcsdk12.orgParent Contact: Ilka Fernandez | Ilka.Fernandez1@rcsdk12.orgProgram InformationStart Time: 9:00 a.m.
Dismissal Time: 3:30 p.m.Grade Level: PreK-6FACTSUniforms Required: NoForeign Languages: NoEnglish Language Learners: YesHonors/Enrichment Classes: YesEarly Literacy Program: YesChorus: YesBand/Orchestra: YesInstrumental Music Lessons: YesSports: NoStep Teams: NoExtended/Expanded Day: YesSaturday School: NoOn-Site After-School Care: NoSummer Programs: NoBusiness/College/Faith Partnerships: Monroe Community College, SUNY Brockport, St. Mary’s Church, Baden Street Settlement, 19th Ward Association, Genesee Mental HealthSCHOOL FEATURES
Expanded Learning Time (ELT) School: Students receive additional time for academic, social-emotional, and recreational opportunities beyond those offered during a traditional school day.
Emphasis on early childhood, with a three-year-old classroom, two Pre-K classes that focus on early language development.
Students are engaged in a well-balanced curriculum based on the Next Generation Learning Standards with a strong focus on ELA and mathematics.
- High performing committees, such as an active and committed Comprehensive Education Team (CET), and a high-functioning School Based Planning Team (SBPT).
- Our 25 Book Campaign has a year-end celebration, which includes both student and adult participants.
- The PTO works closely with the staff to plan school events and celebrations, such as Movie Night, Bingo, Breakfast with Santa and many more.
- PBIS initiative is a proactive program that addresses social-emotional behaviors and student discipline.
- Character Education with a monthly focus on six different ethical values, including Citizenship, Trustworthiness, Caring, Respect, Responsibility, and Fairness.
- Students and staff begin each day with a morning meeting that is made up of four sequential components: greeting, sharing, group problem-solving and morning message, which fosters a community of caring and respectful learners.