Abelard Reynolds School No. 42
Grade Level: PreK-6
Uniforms Required: No
Foreign Languages: No
English Language Learners: Yes
Honors/Enrichment Classes: No
Early Literacy Program: Yes
Instrumental Music Lessons: Yes
Step Teams: No
Extended/Expanded Day: No
Saturday School: No
On-Site After-School Care: Yes
Summer Programs: No
Business/College/Faith Partnerships: Datrose Company, SUNY Geneseo, SUNY Brockport, Hope Christian Fellowship, Journey Rochester
- Read to Succeed, a school-wide reading initiative enables students to enjoy reading and continue reading at home for at least 10-30 minutes daily depending upon grade level.
- Collaborative Literacy is a rigorous, yearlong curriculum for students in grades K–6 that addresses the core reading, writing, speaking, and listening skills that students need while fostering their growth as caring, collaborative, and principled people.
- Academic interventions for students needing additional support in ELA and Math.
- Portable Chromebook learning labs available to all students, grades K to 6; iPads for K-2 students.
- Character development and appropriate student behavior reinforced through the School-Wide Positive Behavior Supports (SWPBS) program.
- Primary Project, sponsored by The Children’s Institute, available to eligible K-2 students, which promotes positive feelings about school experiences.
- Students in Pre-K-5 start each day with First Class Breakfast in the classroom. Healthy Snacks, awarded through the Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program (FFVP) USDA Grant, are also available to students in every grade during the school day.
- Grant-funded after-school program for approximately 100 students with Quad A for Kids, which focuses on high-quality activities while reinforcing academic performance. This program includes a hot meal and transportation home.
- Free on-site after-school care offered by City Recreation, Monday through Friday, where free hot meals are available through a partnership with Foodlink.
- Teachers use ClassDoJo, a digital classroom management tool, to communicate regularly with parents. Also available as a mobile app.