Abelard Reynolds School No. 42
Grade Level: PreK-6
Uniforms Required: No
Foreign Languages: No
English Language Learners: Yes
Honors/Enrichment Classes: No
Early Literacy Program: Yes
Instrumental Music Lessons: Yes
Step Teams: No
Extended/Expanded Day: No
Saturday School: No
On-Site After-School Care: Yes
Summer Programs: No
Business/College/Faith Partnerships: Datrose Company, SUNY Geneseo, SUNY Brockport, Hope Christian Fellowship
- Quality instruction and a grade-level team approach ensure an individualized learning environment for each student.
- Read to Succeed, a school-wide reading initiative, enables students to enjoy reading and continue reading at home for at least 10-30 minutes daily depending upon grade level.
- RACE writing strategies (READ AND RE-STATE, ANSWER, CITE, EXPLAIN) occur across all content areas and grade levels.
- Academic interventions for students needing additional support.
- Portable Chromebook learning labs available to all students, grades K to 6; iPads for K-2 students.
- Character development and appropriate student behavior reinforced through the School-Wide Positive Behavior Supports (SWPBS) program.
- Primary Project, sponsored by The Children’s Institute, available to eligible K-2 students, which promotes positive feelings about school experiences.
- Students in Pre-K-5 start each day with First Class Breakfast in the classroom. Healthy Snacks, awarded through the Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program (FFVP) USDA Grant, are also available to students in every grade during the school day.
- Girls in grades 4-6 can participate in the nationally-acclaimed Girls on the Run 5K Race.
- Free on-site after-school care offered by City Recreation, Monday through Friday, where free hot meals are available through a partnership with Foodlink.
- Teachers use ClassDoJo, a digital classroom management tool, to communicate regularly with parents. Also available as a mobile app.