George Mather Forbes School No. 4
Grade Level: K-8
Uniforms Required: Yes
Foreign Languages: Spanish, Grade 8
English Language Learners: Yes
Honors/Enrichment Classes: No
Early Literacy Program: No
Instrumental Music Lessons: Yes
Step Teams: No
Extended/Expanded Day: Yes
Saturday School: No
On-Site After-School Care: No
Summer Programs: No
Business/College/Faith Partnerships: Advantage Federal Credit Union, Nazareth College, Kiwanis Club, Hillside Children’s Center
- 7th and 8th grade students learn in a separate school wing called the James Perkins Academy.
- Alternative Curriculum Education (ACE) for Kindergarten through grade 8 students.
- Technology includes Smart Boards in every classroom and the library; iPads used in grades K-2 and all Special Education ACE K-8 classes; and Netbooks used in grades K-8 for centers and targeted intervention.
- Provides Response to Intervention (RTI) blocks in grades K-8, which provide students additional time for reading and math instruction.
- Project STRIDE, a Saturday program funded and operated by Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, provides an opportunity for students in grades 4-8 to learn self-development and self-empowerment.
- Partnership activities with area colleges, churches, and the larger community to support students in academics, social skills and exploring the larger community