Abraham Lincoln School No. 22
Start Time 9:00 a.m.
Dismissal Time 3:30 p.m.Grade Level PreK-6
Abraham Lincoln School No. 22 is in the Northeast Zone.
What Every Family Should Know
At Abraham Lincoln School #22, we value our family relationships and work collaboratively to develop strong home-school connection to support a shared responsibility for the success of all of our students. Our school offers general education, special education and bilingual programs in PreK- 6th grade. We engage in restorative practices within our school community, supporting individuals as a whole.
Our Special Education programming includes Consultant Teacher services, Resource Room and self-contained classrooms.
We have an on-campus food pantry and clothing closet for emergency needs. We welcome parent and community volunteers to support our students and enrich our school culture.
Uniforms Required YesForeign Languages SpanishEnglish Language Learners YesHonors/Enrichment Classes YesEarly Literacy Program NoChorus YesBand/Orchestra YesInstrumental Music Lessons YesSports YesStep Teams NoExtended/Expanded Day YesSaturday School NoOn-Site After-School Care NoSummer Programs NoBusiness/College/Faith Partnerships Baden Street Settlement, The Community Place of Rochester, Eastman Rochester New Horizons, First Unitarian Church of Rochester/UU22, Primetime585, Anthony Jordan Health Center, Food Link, the Scott Spino Foundation, Un-Common Health Foundation, First Genesis Baptist Church, Boy Scouts of America, SUNY Brockport and the UR Simon School of Business.
- Bilingual Services:
- Support our native Spanish speakers through a One-Way Dual Language Enrichment Model in which students receive instruction in both English and Spanish, grades K-6.
- Offer a bilingual Pre-K program that follows the High Scope model.
- School-wide initiatives encourage all staff and students to utilize the “Language of the Day,” which alternates between Spanish and English.
- Appreciation for bilingualism, Hispanic culture, and our Spanish-speaking families is evident within the building and through various activities and celebrations that take place throughout the school year.
- Enrichment opportunities include Basketball, Math and Movement, Yoga, Science Matters, Lego, Cheerleading, Choir, Craft Club, Dance.