Enrico Fermi School No. 17
Uniforms Required: Yes
Foreign Languages: Spanish (beginning in Kindergarten)
English Language Learners: Yes
Honors/Enrichment Classes: Yes
Early Literacy Program: Yes
Instrumental Music Lessons: Yes
Step Teams: Yes
Extended/Expanded Day: Yes
Saturday School: No
On-Site After-School Care: Yes
Summer Programs: Yes
Business/College/Faith Partnerships: Celebration of Life Community, Inc., Coordinated Care Services, Inc., CURCS, Eastman Dental Center, Orchard Street Community Health Center, Healthi Kids/Finger Lakes Health Systems, AmeriCorps, Gandhi Institute for Non-Violence, IBERO American Action League, Center for Youth, The Community Place, SUNY Brockport, Charles Settlement House, EarthWorks, Neighbors in Action, HillsideCrestwood, Neighborhood Safety Net, and more
- Strong emphasis on diversity, reflected by our school motto, “Our Diversity is our Strength.”
- Expanded Learning (EL) School: Students receive additional time for academic, social-emotional, and recreational opportunities beyond those offered during a traditional school day.
- State of the art technology in every classroom.
- Offers a Universal Pre-K Program including a program for 3-yearolds.
- Houses an adult education program for parents and community members who want to learn English or earn their GED. • “Help Me Read” program, run by volunteers, provides students with additional literacy assistance.
- On-site R-Center open until 9:00 pm, provides after-school activities and meals for students and youth in the community.
- Horizons Summer LEAP (Learning Enrichment to Achieve Potential) is an educational initiative improving access to high quality, tuition-free, summer learning programs. Children go to the campuses of Allendale Columbia and SUNY Brockport to receive academic instruction and social emotional support along with fun summer enrichment activities.
- Participates in Junior Achievement and has an active PTO.