Family Resource Center, Peter Castle
555 Avenue D, 14621 (back of Lincoln branch library)
Program Director: Leslie Barnes
Family Engagement Specialist: Mae Catherine Robinson
Class Hours: 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
This is a full day program for 3- and 4-year-olds.
- Wrap-Around Care Availability: No
- Transportation Availability: Free RTS bus passes will be provided for the adult on a monthly basis, and the Pre-K child rides free. Please speak to your child's teacher for details.
- Medical/Counseling Services Availability: Families can be linked to Hillside outpatient services for counseling
- Parent Groups/Supports: The Center offers parent education classes and a Fatherhood Program for Dads. Parents as Teachers (PAT) is a home visitation program available to all families.
Unique Features of the Program:
• Has an established history of family support in the community, offering quality-evidenced based programs at no cost to families.
• Is adjacent to the Lincoln branch library as well as the toy library. The center is handicap accessible and there is a convenient parking lot across the street.
• Educational groups are available to parents. Light refreshments are provided.
- •All programs meet the standards of the Council on Accreditation (COA).
For UPK (4-year-olds) please apply at this site.
For EPK (3-year-olds) please apply at RCSD Central Office, 131 West Broad Street, 14614.