"We seek to create a school culture where all members of the East High Schoolcommunity, students and their families in particular, are valued as assets to learning anddevelopment, and in which high expectations are the norm."-East EPO
- Please consider registering your scholar for Saturday School! Regents exams are right around the corner, and there are several days focusing on several subject areas to help scholars be as prepared as possible for their exams. See the attached flier for more information, and you can register your scholar here: https://forms.gle/RYyGzF3iWaDc12iz7.
- The Music Department is pleased to present the hardwork of their scholars and teachers through the Winter Concert Series. Please see this flier for more information!
- Please consider registering for Ibero's Parent Leadership Training/Padres Comprometidos. This annual program includes in-depth classes on supporting your child's learning at school and at home along with understanding school grading, testing, funding, and graduation requirements. There are nine two hour long classes between November 12th and January 21st. All are located at East in the Staff Cafeteria. Take a chance and take on the leadership training! The flier is available here. Questions can be directed to Beverly Roseborough at (585) 288-3130 ext. 1212 and Beverly.Roseborough@iaal.org
- East's monthly school newspaper, the Eagle Express, is produced by Upper School scholars in Journalism class, and edited by teacher Ms. Conroy. Check out the latest issue here: http://easteagleexpress.weebly.com/.
Welcome!Thank you so much for being part of the East family. As a parent or guardian, you play an integral role in your scholar's well being and our school community. We at East understand how essential you are to your scholar's education. We welcome and encourage you to actively participate in our school by joining the Parent-Teacher Organization (PTO), engaging in the Family and Community Engagement (FACE) Committee, communicating with your scholar's teachers, or attending the various events for parents and families that we have throughout the year.It has been shown over many years of research that a parent's or family's interest in their scholar's education increases the scholar's overall achievement and success into adulthood. In general, a scholar with actively involved parents will achieve greater academic and life-skills success than a scholar whose parents are not involved.
With your support at home and in our school, you play a vital role in helping your scholar get the most out of their school experience.Did You Know?We have many resources at East to support you. Here are just a few:
- Home-School Assistant -- East has a designated Home-School Assistant to assist you in connecting with the school. If you have questions or concerns about your scholar, or anything else East related, connect with East's Home-School Assistant, Angel Alicea: Angel.Alicea1@rcsdk12.org or (585) 288-3130 ext. 1001
- Resource Room -- East has a designated Family and Community Engagement resource room available for you. Located in room B109, outside of the main offices, there's a computer for your use, light refreshments to enjoy, and school resources available to reference. Stop by and use your space!
- FACE/PTO -- East has a designated Family and Community Engagement Committee whose purpose is to engage both families and the community as partners in scholars' learning and development. FACE is jointly made up of East's Parent-Teacher Organization, a democratically elected group of East parents that takes leadership in including parent voice in school decision making and processes. Come and join us!
"If you raise your children to feel that they can accomplish any goal or task they decide upon, you will have succeeded as a parent and you will have given your children the greatest of all blessings.”-Brian Tracy