"We seek to create a school culture where all members of the East High Schoolcommunity, students and their families in particular, are valued as assets to learning anddevelopment, and in which high expectations are the norm."-East EPO
- 2020-2021 School Year FAQs - For frequently asked questions on distance learning, please visit our Reopening Information webpage: https://www.rcsdk12.org/domain/13899
- Start-of-Year Supply and Technology Pick-up: Please let East's Home-School Assistant know if you need start-of-year school or technology supplies: Angel.Alicea1@rcsdk12.org.
Welcome!Thank you so much for being part of the East family. As a parent or guardian, you play an integral role in your scholar's well being and our school community. We at East understand how essential you are to your scholar's education. We welcome and encourage you to actively participate in our school by joining the Family and Community Engagement (FACE) Committee, communicating with your scholar's teachers, or attending the various events for parents and families that we have throughout the year.It has been shown over many years of research that a parent's or family's interest in their scholar's education increases the scholar's overall achievement and success into adulthood. In general, a scholar with actively involved parents will achieve greater academic and life-skills success than a scholar whose parents are not involved.
With your support at home and in our school, you play a vital role in helping your scholar get the most out of their school experience.Did You Know?We have many resources at East to support you. Here are just a few:
- Home-School Assistant -- East has a designated Home-School Assistant to assist you in connecting with the school. If you have questions or concerns about your scholar, or anything else East related, connect with East's Home-School Assistant, Angel Alicea: Angel.Alicea1@rcsdk12.org or (585) 288-3130 ext. 1001
- Resource Room -- East has a designated Family and Community Engagement resource room available for you. Located in room B109, outside of the main offices, there's a computer for your use, light refreshments to enjoy, and school resources available to reference. Stop by and use your space!
- FACE/PTO -- East has a designated Family and Community Engagement Committee whose purpose is to engage both families and the community as partners in scholars' learning and development. FACE is jointly made up of East's Parent-Teacher Organization, a democratically elected group of East parents that takes leadership in including parent voice in school decision making and processes. Come and join us!
"If you raise your children to feel that they can accomplish any goal or task they decide upon, you will have succeeded as a parent and you will have given your children the greatest of all blessings.”-Brian Tracy