John Williams School No. 5
- Wraparound Care Availability: No
- Transportation Availability: RTS bus pass
- Medical/Counseling Services Availability: School nurse
- Parent Groups/Supports: Pre-K parents are encouraged to join all parent groups at School 5, including the PTO.
- Parent Support Staff offers discussions that focus on bridging home and school, and classroom-based parent/child activities. Families are welcome in the classroom.
- Is a full-day program.
- Offers a multilingual program.
- RTS bus pass available for parents in need of transportation to/from the program. Pass is for the adult and child rides free.
- Focus on teaching children school-readiness skills, such being attentive and following directions.
- Emphasis on pre-reading and pre-math skills, such as rhyming and counting.
- Access to a Pre-K gym (“muscle room”), which includes bikes, climbers, swings, and basketball hoops.
- Has Interactive Whiteboard technology in the classroom, computers, and iPads.
- Children learn how to have positive social interactions, both with adults and with their peers.