Lincoln School No. 22
- Wraparound Care Availability:No
- Transportation Availability: RTS bus pass
- Medical/Counseling Services Availability: Yes, school nurse and support staff
- Parent Groups/Supports: Adult literacy classes are available in the building. Parent Support Staff offers discussions that focus on bridging home and school, and -based parent/child activities. Families are welcome in the classroom.
- Is a full-day program
- Has a bilingual classrooms for 3- and 4-year-old.
- RTS bus pass available for parents in need of transportation to/from the program. Pass is for the adult and child rides free.
- Has an outdoor playground and preschool garden.
- Has Interactive Whiteboard technology in the classroom, computers, and iPads.
- Provides take-home activities and invites families to weekly events including a math celebration, a science celebration, and cooking activities.
One-Way Dual Language Program
In RCSD, the Prekindergarten One-Way Dual Language program model of 90/10, allows Spanish-speaking students to have the opportunity to develop bilingually. The teacher and paraprofessional provide instruction in Spanish (90%) and English (10%). The goal of this program is for students to develop Spanish literacy and begin to develop English oral language proficiency in order to be bilingual, biliterate, and bicultural.