DUE TO COVID-19, GRADUATION 2021 WILL BE HELD IN THE SOTA COURTYARD ON THURSDAY, JUNE 24, 2021 AND FRIDAY, JUNE 25, 2021. IN ORDER TO COMPLY WITH CDC, NEW YORK STATE, AND RCSD SOCIAL DISTANCING REGULATIONS, EACH GRADUATE WILL RECEIVE 2 TICKETS. MORE INFORMATION AND FURTHER DETAILS WILL FOLLOW.
Graduation from high school is an important event in the lives of students, parents, and families. It is an opportunity to celebrate the educational accomplishments of students, and create memories and impressions to last a lifetime. We need your assistance to ensure your child’s graduation ceremony is conducted in a dignified manner.
The Auditorium Theatre is limited in size; admittance to the ceremony is by ticket only. Upon completion of their academic, financial, and graduation obligations, the confirmed graduates will receive ten (10) graduation tickets. Lost or stolen tickets cannot be re-issued. SOTA's graduation ceremony is approximately 2-hours long; it is not recommended that children under the age of 5 years-old attend.
- Balloons, floral arrangements, signs, and posters are not permitted in the Auditorium Theatre.
- Horns, whistles, noisemakers of any kind will be confiscated.
- Unsolicited shouting, whistling, and applauding will not be tolerated.
- Guests whose actions are deemed inappropriate will be escorted out of the theater for the duration of the ceremony.
- Guests thought to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol will not be allowed to enter the theater.
- Doors will open at 6:15 PM; SOTA’s Graduation Ceremony begins promptly at 7:00 PM.
- Guests requiring special seating should plan on arriving early as accommodations are limited.
- Any child over the age of 3-years-old will require a ticket.
- Once the graduates have begun their procession into the theater, guests will not be allowed to take their seats until after the graduates are seated.
- Guest of the Auditorium Theatre will be required to go through a security checkpoint prior to entering the theater.
- The use of cameras without flash and hand-held video cameras are permitted as long as guests remain seated and respect the viewing rights of others.
- Flash photography and stand-up videotaping are not permitted during the graduation ceremony. The use of tripods is also prohibited.
- In an effort to ensure the safety of all attendees, the audience will remain seated until all the graduates have exited the theater at the conclusion of the ceremony.
- After the ceremony, please exit the building and join your graduate outside the main entrance of the theater.
We request that all students, parents and guests conduct themselves in a respectful manner during the graduation ceremony. Students and attendees may be removed from the graduation ceremony if their behavior or conduct is inappropriate and disruptive.