Graduation from high school is an important event in the lives of students, parents, and families. It is an opportunity to celebrate the educational accomplishments of students. The graduation ceremony is designed to provide memories and impressions that will last a lifetime. We need your assistance to ensure your child’s graduation ceremony is conducted in a dignified manner.
Graduation 2019 will be held on Wednesday, June 26, 2019 at the Auditorium Theater, 885 East Main Street, Rochester, NY, and the ceremony will begin promptly at 7:00 PM.
- Admittance to the ceremony is by ticket only. Due to the size of the Auditorium Theater the confirmed graduates will receive ten (10) graduation tickets upon completion of their academic, financial and graduation obligations (please note that lost or stolen tickets cannot be re-issued)
- Given the length of the graduation ceremony, (2 hours), it is NOT recommended that children under the age of 5 years old attend.
- Any child over the age of three (3) will require a ticket.
- Balloons, floral arrangements, signs/posters are no longer permitted in the Auditorium.
- Horns, whistles, noisemakers of any kind will be confiscated.
- Unsolicited shouting, whistling, and applauding will not be tolerated.
- Any guest whose actions are deemed inappropriate will be escorted out of the theater for the duration of the ceremony.
- Any guest thought to be under the influence of any drugs or alcohol will not be allowed to enter the theater
- SOTA’s Graduation Ceremony begins promptly at 7:00 PM - Guests will not be allowed to enter the theater once the graduates have begun their procession into the theater until each graduate is seated.
- The Auditorium Theater reserves the right to implement scanning for any event therefore it is recommended that all guests plan on going through security prior to entering the theater.
- Doors will open 45 minutes prior to the beginning of the ceremony at 6:15 PM. Guests who require special seating should plan on arriving early as accommodations are limited.
- Personal use of cameras without flash and hand held video cameras are permitted as long as one remains in his/her seat and respects the viewing rights of graduation attendees.
- Flash photography and stand up videotaping are not permitted during the graduation ceremony. The use of tripods is also prohibited.
- At the conclusion of the graduation ceremony and in an effort to ensure the safety of all attendees, the audience will remain seated until all the graduates have exited the theater.
We request that all students, parents and guests conduct themselves in a respectful manner during the graduation ceremony. Students and attendees may be removed from the graduation ceremony if their behavior or conduct is inappropriate and disruptive.