Welcome to Charles Carroll School Library Media Center! Our school has so many wonderful new books and resources which make responsible book care an important part our program. Please read and discuss the expectations below with your child.
Book Care Rules:
- Keep books clean; wash hands before touching.
- Keep books in a safe place away from babies, pets, food, and liquids.
- Turn pages carefully from the corner and use a bookmark to mark your place. Never write or draw in a book.
- When you are not reading your library book, keep them in your backpack or in your classroom at school.
Charles Carroll School Library Media Center Policies:
- Pre-K through 2nd grade students will be allowed to check-out one book at a time, 3-4 grade students will be allowed two books, and 5-6 grade students will be allowed three books.
- Book check-out varies so check with your child's teacher.
- If a book is lost or damaged, the student does not have to pay to replace the book but will go through another book care lesson with Ms. B before checking out another book. However, most of our books have special reinforced bindings which make the books costly to replace so please help your child be responsible with their library book!
- At Charles Carroll, we believe you must read to succeed. All children need to read or be read to daily, 15-20 minutes minimum, along with visiting the public library!
Thank you for supporting our library media center!