ART WITH MRS. BODYK
Dr. Louis A. Cerulli School No. 34 supports a strong visual arts program.The Art program strives to engage students and help them explore and develop their interests. Dr. Louis A. Cerulli School No. 34 believes the arts teach students to think, problem solve, communicate and be creative. The arts help sharpen students intellectual skills and increases students’ performance in English Language Arts and Math.
The curriculum for art instruction is based upon the New York State Visual Art Learning Standards. Each student receives art instruction for twenty weeks of the school year.
In art, students will create and explore visual art through multiple mediums, processes, and techniques to gain a deep understanding of the historical, social, and cultural dimensions of art. The skills, concepts, and knowledge students will learn through art in grades K-6 will allow them to continue studies in grades 7-12 and beyond.
During the course of the year students will:
- Learn about artists and create art pieces both individually and collaboratively
- Draw, paint, make prints, and sculpture
- Have deeper understanding of the arts
Students wishing to pursue an advanced course of study in art throughout middle and high school may apply for the School of the Arts program.
6th Grade STEAM Team with Mrs. Bodyk
What is STEAM?
STEAM is an educational approach to learning that uses Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts and Mathematics as access points for guiding student inquiry, dialogue, and critical thinking. The end results are students who take thoughtful risks, engage in experiential learning, persist in problem-solving, embrace collaboration, and work through the creative process. These are the innovators, educators, leaders, and learners of the 21st century! https://educationcloset.com/steam/what-is-steam/
2017-2018 STEAM Team Activities:
- Participation in the Future City Regional Competition
- Field Trips to the Imaginarium, SWBR Architecture and the RIT Robotics Competition
- Particiaption in the RCSD STEM Challenge held at School No. 3
- Hands-on inquiry based learning activities: Egg Drop Challenge, Catapult Building, Inclined Plane Challenges, Rubber Band Cannon Construction and Simple Machines Exploration
Future City 2018 Field Trip to the Imaginarium & SWBR Architecture