Family and Community Engagement Forum
Please join us for the RCSD Annual Family and Community Engagement Forum on Saturday, November 19, 2022, at Anna Murray-Douglass Academy School No. 12 beginning at 11:00 am. This forum is an opportunity to discuss important topics currently impacting the District and our community. District staff will be on-hand to provide information about RCSD services and programs and scheduled break-out room sessions will hold discussions on topics like social-emotional learning, school safety, academic achievement, and special education.
Show up early! There will be a Community Resource Fair beginning at 10:30 am that will continue throughout the event. RCSD and community vendors will engage families about additional services and programs.
Free fun, age-appropriate activities and childcare support are available for students in PreK3 through 12th grade (ages 3-17) who attend with their caregiver.
There will be FREE giveaways and lunch with the Commissioners during the event.
This event is hosted by the Rochester Board of Education in collaboration with the Strategic and Community Partnerships Department (OPE and Youth Development).
Forum Event Registration
2022 Breakout Sessions
Each adult participant is asked to participate in two different breakout informational sessions during the forum. Participants will be asked to choose from the following topics during online registration:
- Academic Achievement: Student performance, graduation requirements and feedback on two future academic policy additions
- Budget & Financial Literacy: Financial Literacy, and Key Dates for 2023-24 Budget Review
- Facilities Modernization Project: Vision of the District with Facilities Modernization Project
- Positive School Climate: Overview of the Code of Conduct Committee review process, and feedback on what positive school climate looks like from attendees
- Social Emotional Learning: Tools for social-emotional well-being for families to use at home
- Special Education: Overview, evaluation process, Committee on Special Education (CSE) Meeting, and services students receive