Joseph C. Wilson Magnet High School
Start Time 7:30 a.m.Dismissal Time 2:30 p.m.Grade Level 9-12
501 Genesee Street,14611
Phone (585) 328-3440
Website www.rcsdk12.org/wilsonActing Principal
Gary ReynoldsAssistant Principal
Acting Assistant Principal
Parent ContactBoard Liaison
Camille SimmonsSchool Chief
Joseph C. Wilson Magnet High School is a Secondary School.
What Every Family Should Know
Students who like to be challenged academically should consider Joseph C. Wilson Magnet High School. The International Baccalaureate (IB) program encourages critical analysis, research skills, and service as part of the learning process. The curriculum and assessments are consistent among 4,000 IB schools worldwide and prepare graduates to excel in the global economy.
Foreign Languages Spanish
English Language Learners Yes, Bilingual program site
Advanced Placement (AP) Yes
Health/Wellness Center No
Business/College/Faith Partnerships University of Rochester, Monroe Community College, Hillside Work Scholarship, Center for Youth, Teen Empowerment, Pathways to Peace, International Baccalaureate Organization
Student-Parent School Compact Agreement required Yes
- The only International Baccalaureate(IB) Program in the Rochester City School District, which aims to develop inquiring, knowledgeable, and caring young people. The rigorous curriculum, international standards, and examinations are consistent throughout the over 4,000 participating schools across the globe.
- Only AVID (Advancement Via Individual Determination) program designed to help underachieving students with high academic potential prepare for college and career readiness.
- Upon completing the IB Diploma Program, students who earn the diploma, apply, and are accepted into the University of Rochester are awarded a four-year, full-tuition scholarship.
- Balances a rigorous academic program with extensive art, music, athletic, and extra curricular offerings.
- Welcomes hard-working, motivated, and disciplined students who are determined to become successful, contributing members of society.
- Offers AVID (Advancement Via Individual Determination) Program.
CAREER PATHWAY PROGRAMS
NYSED Approved CTE Programs
- Fire Science at Rochester Educational Opportunity Center
- Criminal Justice/Police at Rochester Educational Opportunity Center
Shared-Time ProgramsIntro to Career Pathways to Public Safety Program (Grade 11)
- Emergency Medical Services at Rochester Educational Opportunity Center
- Emergency Communications/911 at Rochester Educational Opportunity Center
- Cosmetology Program at Rochester Educational Opportunity Center
- Automotive at Edison
- Construction at Edison