Flower City School No. 54
Start Time 9:30 a.m.
Dismissal Time 4:00 p.m.Grade Level PreK-6
What Every Family Should Know
Working with our parents as partners, we strive to instill the value of education in all of our children. Flower City School is your school. We want you to feel welcome and know that your are an integral part of this learning team. We will recognize and celebrate our success and serve as a role model by treating all members of our school community with dignity and respect.
Uniforms Required NoForeign Languages NoEnglish Language Learners YesHonors/Enrichment Classes NoEarly Literacy Program NoChorus YesBand/Orchestra YesInstrumental Music Lessons YesSports YesStep Teams NoExtended/Expanded Day NoSaturday School NoOn-Site After-School Care NoSummer Programs NoBusiness/College/Faith Partnerships Cameron Ministries
- Here at Flower City School, we are committed to developing the total child in preparation for successful citizenship by instilling Eagle character traits. We have a Monthly Principal’s Book of the Month that is connected to the Character Traits of the Month and the 7 Principles of Kwanzaa.
- Restorative Practice principles are utilized amongst staff and students.
- Safe and nurturing environment provides the foundation for successful learning environments with all classrooms starting each day with classroom morning meetings.
- Weekly School-Wide Morning Meetings
- As a school-wide instructional priority, all students engage in ongoing literacy development beyond the Readers and Writers Workshops, through the use of a Walk to Intervention model of instructional supports.
- Student leadership opportunities are available through Standard Bearers, Safety Patrol and being Circle Leaders. In addition, our students are not only offered band and chorus, but there are instrumental music lessons including hand bells, recorders and mallets.
- Partnership with the Center for Youth expands and enriches our students’ opportunities to engage in restorative practices, while also developing self-regulation and coping skills, leadership skills and life skills.
- Fully remodeled school building with state of the art furniture and technology. All intermediate grades have access to chrome book carts for 1:1 blended learning opportunities.
- Active partnership with Cameron Ministries where students have the opportunity to attend after school programming.
- Blossoming partnership with the North West Neighborhood Association.
- Scholars have the opportunity to participate in a variety of ensembles that include- photography, social media club, arts integration, Stage Crew, and percussion.