Adlai E. Stevenson School No. 29
Start Time 9:30 a.m.
Dismissal Time 4:00 p.m.Grade Level PreK-6
What Every Family Should Know
We are proud to have an experienced, capable staff of caring individuals. Our four major goals are to improve in the areas of literacy, numeracy, technology and attendance. We celebrate numerous community-based partnerships which provide mentors who offer additional support and form positive relationships with our students. We also provide enrichment activities for our students and we embrace parental involvement.
Uniforms Required NoForeign Languages NoEnglish Language Learners YesHonors/Enrichment Classes YesEarly Literacy Program NoChorus YesBand/Orchestra YesInstrumental Music Lessons YesSports NoStep Teams NoExtended/Expanded Day NoSaturday School NoOn-Site After-School Care NoSummer Programs NoBusiness/College/Faith Partnerships Memorial Art Gallery, Lawyers for Learning, Foodlink, Arnett Library, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Rochester Gardening Club, Rotary Club Southwest, University of Rochester, Rochester Cjity Ballot, Endless Highway Team, Rochester Wheels
- Committed to academic excellence by meeting students’ individual needs and striving to prepare students to be global contributors and critical thinkers.
- Boy Scout and Girl Scout opportunities.
- Memorial Art Gallery programs for grades 2-5.
- The GEM program (Growth and Education of Students with Multiple Disabilities) highlights our belief that every child is a work of art. Students of all abilities and ages work together to reach their fullest potential.
- Community relationships offer tutoring, mentoring, school supplies, community resources, field trips and friendships that last a lifetime.
- Literacy initiatives: 29 Book Campaign, Tier 3 intervention, Compass Learning, and Lexia Reading.
- Restorative Practices and Positive Behavior Intervention Strategies (PBIS) are used to address student conflict and resolve matters peacefully.