Adlai E. Stevenson School No. 29
Start Time 9:30 a.m.
Dismissal Time 4:00 p.m.Grade Level PreK-6
What Every Family Should Know
Uniforms Required NoForeign Languages NoEnglish Language Learners YesHonors/Enrichment Classes YesEarly Literacy Program NoChorus YesBand/Orchestra YesInstrumental Music Lessons YesSports NoStep Teams NoExtended/Expanded Day NoSaturday School NoOn-Site After-School Care NoSummer Programs NoBusiness/College/Faith Partnerships Memorial Art Gallery, CURCS, Lawyers for Learning, Foodlink, Arnett Library, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Boys & Girls Club of Rochester, Rochester Gardening Club, AmeriCorps
- Committed to academic excellence by meeting students’ individual needs and striving to prepare students to be global contributors and critical thinkers.
- Boy Scout and Girl Scout opportunities.
- Memorial Art Gallery programs for grades 2-5.
- The GEM program (Growth and Education of Students with Multiple Disabilities) highlights our belief that every child is a work of art. Students of all abilities and ages work together to reach their fullest potential.
- Community relationships offer tutoring, mentoring, school supplies, community resources, field trips and friendships that last a lifetime.
- Literacy initiatives: 29 Book Campaign, Tier 3 intervention, Compass Learning, and Lexia Reading.
- Restorative Practices and Positive Behavior Intervention Strategies (PBIS) are used to address student conflict and resolve matters peacefully.