Henry Hudson School No. 28
Start Time 8:30 a.m.
Dismissal Time 3:00 p.m.Grade Level PreK-8
What Every Family Should Know
Henry Hudson School #28 is a warm and nurturing school where students work collaboratively with peers as they learn from a knowledgeable and caring staff.
We celebrate successes every month with our STAR assemblies and provide students with a strong character education that combined with an academic focus prepares students for success today and in later years as they become responsible citizens.
With literacy as our focus, we integrate reading and writing into all of the content areas, including math and science. For students in our bilingual program, our focus in literacy is in both English and Spanish leading to true bilingualism as they complete their elementary years at School #28.
We are truly committed to the diverse needs of our students and families that attend Henry Hudson School #28.
Uniforms Required YesForeign Languages Spanish 7/8 GradeEnglish Language Learners YesHonors/Enrichment Classes Algebra 9 and Living Environment 9Early Literacy Program myView and SuccessmakerChorus YesBand/Orchestra YesInstrumental Music Lessons YesSports 7/8 Grade Modified SportsStep Teams NoExtended/Expanded Day NoSaturday School NoOn-Site After-School Care NoSummer Programs NoBusiness/College/Faith Partnerships College Partnerships – SUNY at Brockport, SUNY at Geneseo, Nazareth College, St John Fisher College, University of Rochester, Buffalo State, Alfred State, Grandparents/Abuelitas Program, Central Church in Christ, St. Mary’s and Browncroft Community Churches, Parent Teacher Organization, Harris Corp. (Big Brother/Big Sister program)
- Focus on literacy, integrating reading and writing into all of the content areas, including math and science.
- Fully bilingual program in K-6, supporting students and families in Spanish and in English in all grades.
- Monthly STAR assemblies celebrate student successes at school. Student successes are also celebrated with parents and families throughout the year.
- Strong character education that teaches students good citizenship.
- Extracurricular activities include school band and instrumental music.
- We house the autism program for students lowest on the spectrum still in a public school. We are community school, finding ways to support the whole child, not just their academics.