Abraham Lincoln School No. 22
Start Time 9:00 a.m.
Dismissal Time 3:30 p.m.Grade Level PreK-6
What Every Family Should Know
Uniforms Required YesForeign Languages SpanishEnglish Language Learners YesHonors/Enrichment Classes YesEarly Literacy Program NoChorus YesBand/Orchestra YesInstrumental Music Lessons YesSports YesStep Teams NoExtended/Expanded Day YesSaturday School NoOn-Site After-School Care NoSummer Programs NoBusiness/College/Faith Partnerships AmeriCorps, Baden Street Settlement, The Community Place of Rochester, Eastman Rochester New Horizons, First Unitarian Church of Rochester/UU22, Greater Rochester Quality Partner Council, Anthony Jordan Health Center, Monroe County Department of Human Services, Scott Spino Foundation, Smile Mobile
- Multiple partnerships – Center for Youth Services, Church of Love, Trinity Emmanuel Church, Links4Kids, Suny Geneseo, Gandhi Institute, Edgewood Free Methodist Church, Greater Rochester Health Foundation, ROC the Future, Villa of Hope, Rcenter- Flint Street and many more.
- Pre-K 3 and 4 (Early Intervention Available)
- Strong Instructional Model - Collaborative Co-Teaching Model - Dr. Charles T. Lunsford School 19 and SUNY Geneseo are working together in a partnership. Through this partnership students will have the benefit of engaging in the CCTM (Collaborative Co-Teaching Model), receiving small group instruction daily in core subjects. Literacy and community building remain a focus.
- Robust focus on Anti-racist Curriculum and Instruction
- Strings for Success - a violin program, through a partnership with Center for Youth Services, for students in grades 3-8. Students travel to perform at various community organizations in Rochester, New York State, and throughout the United States.
- Focus on Restorative Practices - Mindfulness Center, Support Center and Family Crew
- Weekly Morning Meetings and monthly STRONG events – supporting school community (We are Lunsford STRONG!) and building expectations
- Enhanced Arts Program –designed at each grade level aligned to our curriculum
- Parents are connected to the school community through the School Based Planning Team, the PTO, volunteer opportunities, Greater Rochester Health Foundation, monthly parent events, and much more.
- Intramural and modified athletics for 7th and 8th grade boys and girls, Student Council, Yearbook Club, violin orchestra, and much more.