Dr. Charles T. Lunsford School No. 19
Start Time 9:00 a.m.
Dismissal Time 3:30 p.m.Grade Level PreK-8
Dr. Carmine Peluso
What Every Family Should Know
It is our mission to create a high quality, culturally relevant and supportive learning environment where we are inspired to become Lunsford Strong. The School 19 community will demonstrate our core values of kindness, leadership, and dedication. At School 19, scholars, families, school staff, and community members will work collaboratively to meet this goal. We will develop the knowledge, skills, and practices needed to have a positive impact on the world.
Uniforms Required NoForeign Languages Spanish at 8th gradeEnglish Language Learners YesHonors/Enrichment Classes NoEarly Literacy Program YesChorus YesBand/Orchestra YesInstrumental Music Lessons Yes- ViolinSports YesStep Teams YesExtended/Expanded Day NoSaturday School NoOn-Site After-School Care Yes- YMCA PartnershipSummer Programs NoBusiness/College/Faith Partnerships Nazareth College, St. John Fisher College, University of Rochester, Edgewood Free Methodist Church, Foodlink, Church of Love, Children’s Institute, Center for Youth, Greater Rochester Health Foundation, Flint Street Recreation Center, Links 4 Kids, Finger Lakes Health Systems Agency, SUNY Geneseo, M.K. Gandhi Institute
- Multiple partnerships – Center for Youth Services, Church of Love, Trinity Emmanuel Church, Links4Kids, Suny Geneseo, Gandhi Institute, Edgewood Free Methodist Church, Greater Rochester Health Foundation, ROC the Future, Villa of Hope, Rcenter- Flint Street and many more.
- Pre-K 3 and 4 (Early Intervention Available)
- Strong Instructional Model - Collaborative Co-Teaching Model - Dr. Charles T. Lunsford School 19 and SUNY Geneseo are working together in a partnership. Through this partnership students will have the benefit of engaging in the CCTM (Collaborative Co-Teaching Model), receiving small group instruction daily in core subjects. Literacy and community building remain a focus.
- Robust focus on Anti-racist Curriculum and Instruction
- Strings for Success - a violin program, through a partnership with Center for Youth Services, for students in grades 3-8. Students travel to perform at various community organizations in Rochester, New York State, and throughout the United States.
- Focus on Restorative Practices - Mindfulness Center, Support Center and Family Crew
- Weekly Morning Meetings and monthly STRONG events – supporting school community (We are Lunsford STRONG!) and building expectations
- Enhanced Arts Program –designed at each grade level aligned to our curriculum
- Parents are connected to the school community through the School Based Planning Team, the PTO, volunteer opportunities, Greater Rochester Health Foundation, monthly parent events, and much more.
- Intramural and modified athletics for 7th and 8th grade boys and girls, Student Council, Yearbook Club, violin orchestra, and much more.