Community School No. 106
A student centered community of High Expectations rooted in a Race and Culture
conscious environment where all voices fuel Inquiry and Creativity.
Tentatively named Community School No. 106 until a name can be determined through community input.
279 West Ridge Rd. Rochester, NY 14615
9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
The new school will have a focus on STEAM. Students will be provided enrichment opportunities in the Arts and STEM as part of their daily routine. (Learn more about STEAM)
- Culturally relevant curriculum delivered in integrated Humanities and STEAM Blocks
- Daily morning meetings to build culture and relationships.
- Teachers will work in Grade level pods to provide small group instruction using a workshop model. Pods will be composed of 3 classroom teachers and 2 support teachers dedicated to that pod.
- Interdisciplinary and project based teaching will be an integral part of the learning day.
- Pod collaboration time and professional development will be built into the daily schedule.
- Community school framework will support student and family needs. (Visit our community schools page for more information)
- High levels of professional development directly from those on the forefront of educational research.
- Informed Language and Literacy practices rooted in the work of Dr. Noma LeMoine
- The Relationship Model of Educational Intervention by Dr. Joy DeGruy
- The Teachers College Reading and Writing Project
- Developing Math Ideas (DMI) Training
- And many more opportunities!
Watch the video below for more information about Project Based Learning