Florence S. Brown Pre-K Center
Grade Level: PreK-2
Full Day Class Hours: 8:30 a.m.–2:30 p.m.
Half Day Class Hours: 8:30-11:00 a.m. and 12:00–2:30 p.m.
Program for 3- and 4-year-olds
Wrap-Around Care Availability: No
Transportation Availability: RTS bus pass
Medical/Counseling Services Availability: School nurse, social worker, psychologists and services through schoolbased health center
Parent Groups/Supports: Parent coordinator, active parent community, on-site educational resource center, group meetings, classroom activities, celebrations and field trips, on-site social worker, school-based health center
- Is a full day program with a bilingual classroom.
- RTS bus pass available for parents in need of transportation to/from the program. Pass is for the adult and child rides free.
- Has Interactive Whiteboard technology in the classroom, computers, and Ipads.
- Offers learning through play and hands-on activities.
- Provides hearing and vision screening and enrollment opportunities in the school-based health center.
- Focuses on language development, self-esteem, and independence.
- Includes support from a program administrator, special education teachers, bilingual teachers, a social worker, a speech/language pathologist, the school secretary and the parent coordinator.
- Primary Project