Vanguard Collegiate High SchoolPrincipal: Stephanie Moore | Stephanie.Moore@rcsdk12.orgAssistant Principal: Adam Rodger | Adam.Rodger@rcsdk12.orgAssistant Principal: Nyree Wims-Hall | Nyree.Wims-Hall@rcsdk12.orgParent Contact: Nora Roman | Nora.Roman@rcsdk12.org
Board Liaison: Cynthia Elliot | email@example.com
School Chief: Carmine Peluso | Carmine.Peluso@rcsdk12.orgThis school is currently in Receivership status by the New York State Education Department. For more information about Receivership or to view the school’s improvement measures, please visit https://www.rcsdk12.org/receivership.Program InformationStart Time: 8:30 a.m.
Dismissal Time: 3:30 p.m.Grade Level: 9-12FACTSUniforms: NoBusing: RTSForeign Languages: SpanishHonors Classes: YesTutoring/After School: YesSummer Programs: NoAdvanced Placement (AP): YesEnglish Language Learners: YesHealth/Wellness Center: YesExtended/Expanded Day: NoBusiness/College/Faith Partnerships: Educational Talent Search, Hillside Work Scholarship, University of Rochester Upward Bound and College Prep Center, Peer Court with Center for Youth, Help Zone, ACCESS-VR through the Center for Human Services EducationStudent-Parent School Compact Agreement required: NoSCHOOL FEATURES
- Elective courses expose students to career fields in Health, Business and Athletics. A popular Global Health course emphasizes the understanding of human health and disease.
- Strong arts program with courses in Studio I, Drawing and Painting I and II, Music in Our Lives and Piano, Photography, and Web Design.
- The College Prep Center supports students and families with the college application process and steps to pursue post-secondary education with an emphasis on career education. The center also prepares students for the PSAT and SAT tests.
- Wide range of academic, social and emotional support for students in a smaller learning environment.
- After-school program allows students the opportunity to study beyond the school day in support of their academic needs and in preparation for Regents.
A district-wide push towards increased technology in the classroom offers students an opportunity to utilize Google Chromebooks. Students also have access to a Dell lab.
GEAR UP college readiness program available to 2016 cohort students (in partnership with RIT).