Vanguard Collegiate High SchoolPrincipal: Stephanie Moore | Stephanie.Moore@rcsdk12.orgAssistant Principal: Adam Rodger | Adam.Rodger@rcsdk12.orgAssistant Principal: Stacy Watts| Stacy.Watts@rcsdk12.orgParent Contact: Nora Roman | Nora.Roman@rcsdk12.org
Board Liaison: Cynthia Elliot | firstname.lastname@example.org
School Chief: Carmine Peluso | Carmine.Peluso@rcsdk12.orgProgram InformationStart Time: 8:30 a.m.
Dismissal Time: 3:30 p.m.Grade Level: 9-12Students who strive to attend a four-year college and want to explore professional career options should consider Vanguard. We have on-site support to help students in the college selection and admission process, with AP courses to earn college credit while still in high school. Elective courses provide exposure to real-world employment options that help students make an informed choice when considering college and career opportunities. Students receive the benefits of a small learning environment on a campus with all the facilities and amenities of a large high school. Parents at Vanguard take an active role in their children’s education. They are encouraged to volunteer and to be proactive in school events with staff and parent groups. By collaborating with teachers, parents/guardians, and community agencies, success will be ensured for every student.This school is currently in Receivership status by the New York State Education Department. For more information about Receivership or to view the school’s improvement measures, please visit https://www.rcsdk12.org/receivership.FACTSUniforms: No
Foreign Languages: Spanish
Advanced Placement (AP): Yes
Health/Wellness Center: Yes
Business/College/Faith Partnerships: Educational Talent Search, Hillside Work Scholarship, University of Rochester Upward Bound and College Prep Center, Peer Court with Center for Youth, Help Zone, ACCESS-VR through the Center for Human Services Education
Student-Parent School Compact Agreement required: NoSCHOOL FEATURES
- Elective courses expose students to career fields in Health, Business, and Athletics.
- Strong arts program with courses in Studio I, Drawing and Painting I and II, Music in Our Lives and Piano, Photography, and Web Design.
- The College Prep Center supports students and families with the college application process and steps to pursue post-secondary education with an emphasis on career education. The center also prepares students for the PSAT and SAT tests.
- Wide range of academic, social, and emotional support for students in a smaller learning environment.
- A district-wide push towards increased technology in the classroom offers students an opportunity to utilize Google Chromebooks. Students also have access to a Dell lab.
- GEAR UP college readiness program available to 2016 cohort students (in partnership with RIT).
CAREER PATHWAY PROGRAMS
NYSED Approved CTE Programs
- Fire Science at Rochester Educational Opportunity Center
- Criminal Justice/Police at Rochester Educational Opportunity Center
- Intro to Career Pathways to Public Safety Program (Grade 11)
- Emergency Medical Services at Rochester Educational Opportunity Center
- Emergency Communications/911 at Rochester Educational Opportunity Center
- Cosmetology Program at Rochester Educational Opportunity Center
- Automotive at Edison
- Construction at Edison