School Without Walls
Start Time: 8:00 a.m.
Dismissal Time: 3:00 p.m.
Grade Level: 9-12
Foreign Languages: Spanish
Honors Classes: Yes
Tutoring/After School: Yes
Summer Programs: No
Advanced Placement (AP): English Literature, English Language and Composition
English Language Learners: Yes
Health/Wellness Center: No
Extended/Expanded Day: No
Business/College/Faith Partnerships: No
Student-Parent School Compact Agreement required: Yes
- Emphasizes critical thinking and responsible citizenship with a focus of honoring all students’ learning styles.
- Practices a learner-centered interdisciplinary philosophy in which the needs and interests of students, as well as the demands of society, form the school curriculum.
- Supports graduation-by-exhibition in which students must prove, through portfolios, project presentations, and oral defenses, that they are competent and ready to enter college or the world of work.
- Encourages students to pursue independent study projects and collegiate classes.
- Requires students to give back to the community through 2.5 hours of volunteer service each week.
- Provides opportunities for all students to be involved in the management of the school and in the decision-making and problem-solving of important schoolwide issues.
- Requires all students to have an advisor who conducts personal student conferences every two weeks.