P-Tech Rochester Pathways to Technology Programat Edison Career and Technology High SchoolProgram Administrator: Latresha Fuller | Latresha.Fuller@rcsdk12.org
Assistant Principal: Stephen Humphrey | Steven.Humphrey@RCSDK12.ORG
Board Liaison: Willa Powell | Willa.Powell@rcsdk12.orgSchool Chief: Dr. Shirley Green | firstname.lastname@example.orgStudents with a strong interest for computertechnology should definitely consider P-TECH Rochester. Current students describe P-TECH as a family-oriented environment where students work together and have good attendance. Our program prepares students for jobs in computing and information technology. Students will be able to choose to study CyberSecurity, Cloud, and Mobile Computing or Networking as they purse their associate’s degree. P-TECH offers a small school feel while being a part of a big school campus at Edison Tech.Program InformationStart Time: 7:30 a.m.Dismissal: 2:30 p.m.Grade Level: 9-12FACTSUniforms: No
Foreign Languages: Spanish
Advanced Placement (AP): Yes
Health/Wellness Center: Yes
Business/College/Faith Partnerships: Monroe Community College and various Rochester IT companies
Student-Parent School Compact Agreement required: No
- A unique six-year program where students graduate with a Regents diploma and a college degree from Monroe Community College at no cost to the students and families.
- Students are matched with business mentors during grade 9.
- A combination of high school and college courses beginning in grade 10.
- Students enjoy using computers, perform well in English, science and math, and learn the skills to succeed in the highly competitive technology
- P-TECH welcomes curious, dedicated hands-on learners who are ready to take on the challenges of school, college, work, and life.
- Students attend a 2 week school orientation program during the summer before grade 9.
- Opportunities for internships at major companies in the Rochester area are available.
- Students are accelerated in English and mathemathics to prepare for college-level courses.
- Students with a strong mathemathics background are encouraged to apply to P-TECH and take 4 years of mathematics.
CAREER PATHWAY PROGRAMS
NYSED Approved CTE Programs
- Fire Science at Rochester Educational Opportunity Center
- Criminal Justice/Police at Rochester Educational Opportunity Center
- Intro to Career Pathways to Public Safety Program (Grade 11)
- Emergency Medical Services at Rochester Educational Opportunity Center
- Emergency Communications/911 at Rochester Educational Opportunity Center
- Cosmetology Program at Rochester Educational Opportunity Center
- Automotive at Edison
- Construction at Edison