Northeast College High School at DouglassPrincipal (Acting): Ali Abdulmateen | Ali.Abdulmateen@RCSDK12.ORGAssistant Principal: Heidi Jackson | Heidi.Jackson@rcsdk12.orgAssistant Principal: Nakia Burrows | Nakia.Burrows@RCSDK12.ORGAssistant Principal: Kristin Pryor | Kirstin.Pryor@RCSDK12.ORGParent Contact: Theresa Larkins | Theresa.Larkins@rcsdk12.org
Board Liaison:Melanie Funchess| Melanie.Funchess@rcsdk12.org
This school is currently in Receivership status by the New York State Education Department. For more information about Receivership or to view the school’s improvement measures, please visit https://www.rcsdk12.org/receivership.FACTSGrade Level: 9-12Uniforms: NoBusing: RTSForeign Languages: Spanish, American Sign LanguageHonors Classes: YesTutoring/After School: YesSummer Programs: YesAdvanced Placement (AP): English Literature, English Language, Psychology, Physics, US HistoryEnglish Language Learners: YesHealth/Wellness Center: YesExtended/Expanded Day: YesBusiness/College/Faith Partnerships:AmeriCorps, Center for Youth, Community Place of Greater Rochester, Educational Talent Search, Hillside Work-Scholarship, Monroe Community College Liberty Partnership, University of Rochester Health Center, University of Rochester Upward Bound, In-Control Youth Development, CMAP College Readiness ProgramSCHOOL FEATURES
- Courses include Criminal Law, with a state-of-the-art courtroom, and Regents Prep.
- Over 30 different sports teams and a step and dance team.
- Student Support Center, which provides personal, social-emotional, and academic services through community partners.
- Youth and family support services are provided through a partnership with the Community Place of Greater Rochester.
- SUNY Brockport’s Educational Talent Search provides mentoring and helps students prepare for college or careers after high school.
- EnCompass Resource for Learning provides educational services to struggling students and the families.
- Monroe Community College provides case management and academic support for high school completion and college preparation.
- The M.K. Gandhi Institute helps students understand how to respond to situations in a non-violent manner and gives them the tools to help reduce violence.