Joseph C. Wilson Magnet High School Commencement AcademyPrincipal: Julie Van Derwater| Julie.VanDerWater@rcsdk12.orgAssistant Principal: Richard Fischpera | Richard.Fischpera@rcsdk12.orgAssistant Principal: Gary Reynolds | Gary.Reynolds@RCSDK12.ORGAssistant Principal: Tara Wade | Tara.Wade@RCSDK12.ORGParent Contact: Anthony Padilla | Anthony.Padilla@rcsdk12.org
Board Liaison: Natalie Sheppard | Natalie.firstname.lastname@example.orgSchool Chief: Sheela Webster | Sheelarani.Webster@rcsdk12.orgProgram InformationStart Time: 7:30 a.m.
Dismissal Time: 2:30 p.m.Grade Level: 9-12Students who like to be challenged academically should consider Joseph C. Wilson Magnet High School. The International Baccalaureate (IB) program encourages critical analysis, research skills, and service as part of the learning process. The curriculum and assessments are consistent among 4,000 IB schools worldwide and prepare graduates to excel in the global economy.FACTSUniforms: No
Foreign Languages: Spanish
Advanced Placement (AP): Yes
Health/Wellness Center: No
Business/College/Faith Partnerships: University of Rochester, Monroe Community College, Hillside Work Scholarship, Center for Youth, Teen Empowerment, Pathways to Peace, International Baccalaureate Organization
Student-Parent School Compact Agreement required: YesSCHOOL FEATURES
- The only International Baccalaureate(IB) Program in the Rochester City School District, which aims to develop inquiring, knowledgeable, and caring young people. The rigorous curriculum, international standards, and examinations are consistent throughout the over 4,000 participating schools across the globe.
- The IB Middle Years Program is offered at grades 9 and 10, which prepares students for the IB Diploma Program offered in grades 11 and 12.
- Upon completing the IB Diploma Program, students who earn the diploma, apply, and are accepted into the University of Rochester are awarded a four-year, full-tuition scholarship.
- Balances a rigorous academic program with extensive art, music, athletic, and extra curricular offerings.
- Welcomes hard-working, motivated, and disciplined students who are determined to become successful, contributing members of society.
- The only school to offer both the IB Middle Years Program and IB Diploma Program.
- Offers AVID (Advancement Via Individual Determination) Program.
CAREER PATHWAY PROGRAMS
NYSED Approved CTE Programs
- Fire Science at Rochester Educational Opportunity Center
- Criminal Justice/Police at Rochester Educational Opportunity Center
- Intro to Career Pathways to Public Safety Program (Grade 11)
- Emergency Medical Services at Rochester Educational Opportunity Center
- Emergency Communications/911 at Rochester Educational Opportunity Center
- Cosmetology Program at Rochester Educational Opportunity Center
- Automotive at Edison
- Construction at Edison