Leadership Academy for Young MenPrincipal: Wakili Moore | Wakili.Moore@rcsdk12.orgAssistant Principal: Lawanda Brown | Lawanda.Brown@RCSDK12.ORGAssistant Principal: Leandrew Wingo | Leandrew.Wingo@rcsdk12.orgAcademy Director: Paul Lampe | Paul.Lampe@rcsdk12.orgParent Contact: Dianet Dorsey | Dianet.Dorsey@rcsdk12.org
This school is currently in Receivership status by the New York State Education Department. For more information about Receivership or to view the school’s improvement measures, please visit https://www.rcsdk12.org/receivership.FACTSGrade Level: 6, 7-12 Business-like attire: Black or Tan Khaki pants, any color button down shirt, any tie or bow tie and Black or Brown footwear.Uniforms: YesBusing: RTSForeign Languages: SpanishHonors Classes: YesTutoring/After School: Yes, and SaturdaysSummer Programs: YesAdvanced Placement (AP): YesEnglish Language Learners: YesHealth/Wellness Center: YesExtended/Expanded Day: YesBusiness/College/Faith Partnerships: St. John Fisher College, University of Rochester, Paychex, Urban League, Hillside Work Scholarship, Center for YouthSCHOOL FEATURES
- All-male environment that focuses on the learning styles and social emotional needs of young men.
- Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps (JROTC) is available to all students who elect to participate. The program is designed to build character and leadership skills, positive values, and the personal responsibility associated with being a contributing member of the larger community.
- Variety of school clubs, such as Chess, Raiders, Drill, Gaming, and Ping Pong.
- Business-like attire: tan khaki pants, white or solid blue button down shirt, tie and black shoes are required.
- Large offering of interscholastic sports for scholars in grades 6-12.