Leadership Academy for Young MenPrincipal: Djinga St.Louis | Djinga.St.Louis@rcsdk12.orgAssistant Principal: Samantha Brody | Samantha.Brody@rcsdk12.orgAssistant Principal: Lawanda Brown | Lawanda.Brown@RCSDK12.ORGAssistant Principal: Bryant Cromartie | Bryant.Cromartie@rcsdk12.orgParent Contact: Shannon Henderson | Shannon.Henderson@rcsdk12.orgSchool Chief: Carmine Peluso | Carmine.Peluso@rcsdk12.org
Grade 6 Program InformationStart Time: 8:30 a.m.
Dismissal Time: 3:30 p.m.Grade 7-12 Program InformationStart Time: 8:30 a.m.
Dismissal Time: 3:30 p.m.
The vision of Leadership Academy for Young Men is that 100% of our graduates will be college and/or career ready. The mission is to focus on teaching the importance of discipline, respect, and education through holding scholars to a higher standard. Leadership Academy for Young Men will provide a safe place for young men to strengthen the mind, body, and soul by focusing on community, brotherhood, and accountability of self through the reinforcement of the Five Prides – Respect, Integrity, Loyalty, Accountability, and Courage. These Prides are embraced at weekly, grade-level Community. Staff and administration expect students attending Leadership Academy for Young Men to pride themselves on their appearance, be ready for instruction, demonstrate service to others, and model good citizenship and brotherhood. Graduates of Leadership Academy for Young Men will leave leaders of their lifelong learning.
This school is currently in Receivership status by the New York State Education Department. For more information about Receivership or to view the school’s improvement measures, please visit https://www.rcsdk12.org/receivership.FACTSUniforms: Expected attire. Business-like, Black or Tan Khaki pants, any color button down shirt, any tie or bow tie and any footwear, no athletic sneakers.
Foreign Languages: Spanish
Health/Wellness Center: YesBusiness/College/Faith Partnerships: St. John Fisher College, University of Rochester, Charlotte Community Association, Urban League, Hillside Work Scholarship, Center for Youth
Student-Parent School Compact Agreement required: NoSCHOOL FEATURES
- All-male environment that focuses on the learning styles and social/emotional needs of young men.
- Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps (JROTC) is available to all students who elect to participate. The program is designed to build character and leadership skills, positive values, and the personal responsibility associated with being a contributing member of the larger community.
- Variety of school clubs, such as Chess, Raiders, Drill, Gaming, and Ping Pong.
- Large on campus offering of interscholastic sports for scholars in grades 7-12, year round.
CAREER PATHWAY PROGRAMS
NYSED Approved CTE Programs
- Fire Science at Rochester Educational Opportunity Center
- Criminal Justice/Police at Rochester Educational Opportunity Center
- Intro to Career Pathways to Public Safety Program (Grade 11)
- Emergency Medical Services at Rochester Educational Opportunity Center
- Emergency Communications/911 at Rochester Educational Opportunity Center
- Cosmetology Program at Rochester Educational Opportunity Center
- Automotive at Edison
- Construction at Edison