Edison Career and Technology High School
Grade Level: 9-12
Foreign Languages: Spanish
Honors Classes: Yes
Tutoring/After School: Yes
Summer Programs: Yes
Advanced Placement (AP): Yes
English Language Learners: Yes
Health/Wellness Center: Yes
Extended/Expanded Day: Yes
Business/College/Faith Partnerships: Advisory committees and work based learning opportunities related to each Career Pathway.
Student-Parent School Compact Agreement required: Yes
- Edison High School Campus is a Career and Technical Education School (CTE). Students participate in a CTE Pathway foundation course in 9th grade, and take courses that build on related concepts each year. In 9th grade, students participate in a CTE Foundation Pathway Rotation where they explore and learn about the three CTE Pathways. At the end of 9th grade, students choose the CTE Pathway in which they choose to concentrate. In 10th grade students participate in a CTE Pathway Modules Rotation, where they dig deeper into the components of the pathway they chose. At the end of 10th grade, students choose one CTE program from within their Career Pathway for 11th and 12th grade. All students participate in work based learning experiences, including paid work.
Career Pathway: CONSTRUCTION/ ARCHITECTURE/DESIGN
CTE Programs: Carpentry, Masonry, Electrical, Architecture and Design
Career Pathway: ENGINEERING AND MANUFACTURING
CTE Programs: Engineering Technology, Advanced Manufacturing, Automotive Technology, Welding
Career Pathway: DIGITAL MEDIA ARTS AND COMMUNICATION
CTE Programs: Digital Video, Advertising Design, Interactive Media, Music Production
- Relevant hands-on instruction in labs, shops, and classrooms.
- Work experience at every grade level, including workplace visits, mentoring opportunities, internships, and work-based experiences.
- Ability to earn industry credentials and college credits.
- Alternate assessment option in place of one Regents exam.
- Sports, music, clubs, and extra-curricular activities available to provide a well-rounded education.