Edison Career and Technology High SchoolInterim Principal: Jacob L. Scott | JacobL.Scott@rcsdk12.orgAssistant Principal: Josephine Buonomo-Cilento | Josephine.Buonomo-Cilento@rcsdk12.orgAssistant Principal: Paul Lampe | Paul.Lampe@rcsdk12.org
Assistant Principal: Jerome Vacca |Jerome.Vacca@rcsdk12.orgAcademy Director: Robert Goldsberry | Robert.Goldsberry@rcsdk12.orgAcademy Director: Babette Phillips | Robert.Goldsberry@rcsdk12.orgParent Contact: Lisa Taylor | Lisa.Taylor@rcsdk12.orgParent Contact: Mary Lovejoy | Mary.Lovejoy@rcsdk12.orgParent Contact: Cynthia Bermudez | Cynthia.Bermudez@rcsdk12.orgBoard Liaison: Natalie Sheppard | email@example.comSchool Chief: TBDStudents will graduate from Edison Tech with a variety of academic, transferable, and technical skills that will be applied to pathway work-based experiences in order to be fully prepared for both college and careers. Consider being part of the tradition and pride that comes with being a student at Edison. The school is committed to working collaboratively with students and families to build positive relationships that will maximize the academic, social, emotional, and physical potential of all learners in the classroom and larger society.This school is currently in Receivership status by the New York State Education Department. For more information about Receivership or to view the school’s improvement measures, please visit https://www.rcsdk12.org/receivership.Program InformationStart Time: 7:30 a.m.
Dismissal Time: 2:30 p.m.Grade Level: 9-12FACTSUniforms: No
Foreign Languages: Spanish
Advanced Placement (AP): Yes
Health/Wellness Center: Yes
Business/College/Faith Partnerships: Advisory committee and work-based learning opportunities related to each Career Pathway
Student-Parent School Compact Agreement required: YesSCHOOL FEATURES
- Relevant hands-on instruction in labs, shops, and classrooms.
- Work experience at every grade level, including workplace visits, mentoring opportunities, internships, and workbased experiences.
- Ability to earn industry credentials and college credits.
- Alternate assessment option in place of one Regents exam.
- Sports, music, clubs, and extracurricular activities available to provide a well-rounded education.
Edison is a Career and Technical Education (CTE) school. In 9th grade, students participate in a CTE Foundation Pathway Rotation, where they explore and learn about the three CTE Pathways, Construction/Architecture/Design, Engineering and Manufacturing, and Digital Media Arts and Communication. At the end of 9th grade, students select the CTE Pathway in which they choose to concentrate. In 10th grade, students participate in a CTE Pathway Modules Rotation, where they dig deeper into the components of the pathway they chose. At the end of 10th grade, students choose one CTE program from within their Career Pathway for 11th and 12th grade. All students participate in work-based learning experiences, including paid work.
CAREER PATHWAY PROGRAMS
NYSED Approved CTE Programs
- Advertising Design
- Digital Video Production
- Fire Science at Rochester Educational Opportunity Center
- Criminal Justice/Police at Rochester Educational Opportunity Center
- Intro to Career Pathways to Public Safety Program (Grade 11)
- Emergency Medical Services at Rochester Educational Opportunity Center
- Emergency Communications/911 at Rochester Educational Opportunity Center
- Cosmetology Program at Rochester Educational Opportunity Center
- Automotive at Edison
- Construction at Edison
- Career Majors
- Engineering Technology/Photonics
- Interactive Media
- Digital Music and Audio Production
- Building and Grounds